|Full name||Club Deportivo Logroñés, S.A.D.|
|Ground||Las Gaunas, Logroño,|
La Rioja, Spain
|2008–09||3ª – Group 16, (R)|
After Club Deportivo Logroño, the new Club Deportivo Logroñés saw the light of day after the Civil War, on 30 May 1940. Until 1950, it played in Tercera División, after which it achieved a second level promotion.
After falling short of reaching the top flight in 1952, Logroñés fluctuated between various levels of Spanish football. On 14 June 1987, already promoted Valencia CF visited Estadio Las Gaunas, and were defeated 1–0, as the Riojans gained first division rights for the first time ever.
In 1989–90, the team finished an all-time best seventh, just two points short of a UEFA Cup qualification, and would remain in the top level until 1997, save for a short return to level two in 1995–96, after it finished last the previous season with just 13 points.
After a double relegation in 1999–2000 (on the pitch and off it), it quickly returned to the third level, but new and worse economic problems arose, and the club was again relegated to Tercera in July 2004.
At the end of 2007–08, Logroñés returned once more to the fourth division due to its substantial salary commitments, in spite of the club's 13th-place finish in the season. Financial troubles continued into the first weeks of 2009, as only nine players took the field for its 4 January 2009 match against CD Arnedo, in protest against still overdue payments.
This was Logroñés' last match in the competition, as the side did not present itself at all for the next match, against CD Tedeón, and were therefore retired from the competition, being consequently relegated to Regional Preferente de La Rioja by the Royal Spanish Football Federation.
Season to seasonEdit
- Sin el CD Logroñés; LaRioja.com, 8 August 2009 ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Mérida y Logroñés descienden por deudas con sus jugadores (Mérida and Logroñés relegated for debts to players) ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- El Logroñés, en la calle (Logroñés, in the streets) ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Un gran VACÍO en la historia del Logroñés (A great VOID in Logroñés' history) Archived 27 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Relegated due to financial difficulties