CDG Express is a planned railway line between Paris and Charles de Gaulle Airport to alleviate the saturation of the RER B line. As of June 2019[update], it is scheduled to open in late 2025 and, when operational, it will take no more than 20 minutes to travel the 32-kilometre distance, for a fare of 24€.
|Termini||Gare de l'Est|
Charles de Gaulle Airport
|Planned opening||January 2024|
|Rolling stock||Alstom Coradia Liner|
|Line length||32 km (20 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
In June 2000 SNCF, Réseau Ferré de France and Aéroports de Paris formed CDG-Express, a groupement d'intérêt économique, to develop a high-speed rail link from Paris to Charles de Gaulle Airport. It was proposed to open in 2006.
In July 2008 a consortium of Vinci, Caisse des dépôts et consignations, Axa and Keolis was selected to finance, build and manage the line with a scheduled 2013 opening. However the project stalled, until it was relaunched in January 2014.
It will be built and operated by a 50:50 joint venture between SNCF and Paris Aéroport. Hello Paris, a Keolis and RATP Group joint venture, will operate the line for 15 years from January 2024 with a fleet of Alstom Coradia Liners.
On May 29, 2019, transports minister Élisabeth Borne announced the CDG Express would be delayed to late 2025, after the 2024 Summer Olympics, in order to focus on other infrastructure works in the northern suburbs of Paris.
- "La future ligne de train CDG Express ne sera finalement pas en service pour les JO de 2024" (in French). 2019-05-29. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "Transport: full steam ahead for the CDG Express project". gouverment.fr. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- Roissy - CDG link deal Railway Gazette International July 2000
- Preferred bidder selected for CDG Express concession Railway Gazette International 2 July 2008
- Charles-de-Gaulle Airport rail link project relaunched Railway Gazette International 24 January 2014
- Charles-de-Gaulle Airport rail linking funding model approved Railway Gazette International 26 June 2017
- Operator selected for CDG Express airport rail link Railway Gazette International 20 November 2018
- Vigoureux, Thierry (2019-05-30). "Le CDG Express sur une voie de garage". Le Point (in French). Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "Le CDG Express reporté à «fin 2025», annonce la ministre des Transports" (in French). 2019-05-29. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- Official website (in French)