This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: <This biography is like an advertisement, devoid of even a single reference, involves many peacock terms> (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
C. Narayanaswamy is a former MP (1996–97) having represented Bangalore North Constituency. He is currently associated with Indian National Congress (INC).
|Born||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Political party||Janata Party, Janata Dal, Janata Dal (Secular) (1977–2013) |
Indian National Congress (2013-present)
|Spouse(s)||Geetha N Swamy|
|Children||C.N. Ravindra & C.N. Venugopal|
Narayanaswamy was a member of the Janata Dal (Secular) and became Bangalore North's MP between the years 1996-1998 representing it. He joined the Indian National Congress on 15 August 2013. Narayanaswamy is the Indian National Congress' candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections.
Narayanaswamy was elected to Lok Sabha from Bangalore North Constituency with a margin of 1.3 lakh (130 thousand) votes.
Narayanaswamy also served as the President of Bangalore Rural Zilla Parishad..
- Member of Parliament (Eleventh Lok Sabha – Bangalore North Constituency) 1996-98
- Working President, Karnataka Panchayati Parishad 2011 - till date
- President, Bangalore Rural ZillaParishad 1987-92
- Chairman, Karnataka Food & Civil Supplies Corporation 1985-86
- Vice President,Taluk Development Board 1978-83
Awards and recognitionEdit
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 May 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2014.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "joins congress". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Lok Sabha polls: Former JD(S) MP wins Congress primary for Bangalore North seat". The Economic Times. 13 March 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "C. Narayanaswamy wins Congress primary in Bangalore". DNA. 13 March 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2017.