Byram D. Avari
Byram Dinshawji Avari used to swim with his brother. They got training in swimming by Chief Petty Officer(rtd) Haji Allah-Ditta. Dinshaw and Xerxes along with son of their coach: Zulfiqar Ali, were part of The Sindh swimming team. They trained at the Sports Complex Kashmir Road, Karachi.Pakistan.
Hotel management is the Avari Group's core business. In Pakistan, the group owns and operates Avari Hotels which include 5-star deluxe hotel in Karachi and Lahore, the 5-star Avari Towers and the seafront Beach Luxury Hotel in Karachi. The group is also actively pursuing opportunities for owning and/or managing 3 and 4-star properties elsewhere in Pakistan.
The Avari Group is the first Pakistani company to have obtained international hotel management contracts: they operate the 200-room 4-star hotel in Dubai in United Arab Emirates and manage the 200-room Ramada Inn in Toronto at Pearson Airport in Canada.
Byram D. Avari was the Commodore of Karachi Yacht Club in 1976 and again in 1980. He was a gold medallist in 'enterprise class' yachting at the 1978 Asian Games in Bangkok with Munir Sadiq and again at the 1982 Asian Games in New Delhi with his wife, Goshpi. He also won a silver medal at the Enterprise World Championship held in Canada in 1978.
Awards and recognitionEdit
- Aamir Khan and Urooj Jawed (13 August 2015). "Raising the white flag: A tribute to our heroes - The Express Tribune (newspaper)". Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- Saima S. Hussain (28 August 2016). "Cheese tasting with the Avaris". Dawn. Pakistan. Retrieved 28 April 2019.
- Byram Avari dispels notion of Chinese economic domination The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 11 October 2017, Retrieved 28 April 2019
- Pakistan has impressive record in sailing: Asian Games in perspective Dawn (newspaper), Published 22 November 2006, Retrieved 28 April 2019
- No vultures since 1956 Retrieved 28 April 2019