Broadway–City Hall station
Broadway–City Hall is an underground station on the Canada Line of Metro Vancouver's SkyTrain rapid transit system. The station is located at the intersection of West Broadway and Cambie Street in Vancouver, British Columbia and is within walking distance of Vancouver City Hall, City Square Shopping Centre, Vancouver General Hospital and related facilities, as well as the surrounding Fairview and Mount Pleasant neighbourhoods.
|Location||496 West Broadway, Vancouver|
|Opened||August 17, 2009|
|Rank||11 of 53|
Broadway–City Hall station was built in 2009 and opened along with the rest of the Canada Line. The station features large double-height ceilings over the platform area and was designed by the architecture firm VIA Architecture.
In 2018, it was confirmed that the Millennium Line would be extended from its current terminus at VCC–Clark station west to Arbutus Street, and eventually to the University of British Columbia. When completed, Broadway–City Hall station will become a transfer point on the Broadway extension as the station was designed with a "knock-out" panel on the mezzanine level to provide a connection to the Millennium Line platforms under Broadway.
Broadway–City Hall station is served by a number of bus routes, including the #9 trolleybus route providing east–west local service along Broadway, the #15 serving Cambie Street, and the 99 B-Line operating east to Commercial–Broadway station and west to the University of British Columbia (UBC).
|C||Concourse||Compass vending machines and fare gates|
|T||Side platform; doors will open on the right|
|← ■ Canada Line towards Waterfront (Olympic Village)|
|■ Canada Line towards Richmond–Brighouse and YVR–Airport (King Edward) →|
|Side platform; doors will open on the right|
Broadway–City Hall is served by a single entrance at the southeast corner of Cambie Street and West Broadway. The 99 B-Line to Commercial–Broadway station stops in front of this entrance.
The Crossroads development at the northwest corner of Cambie Street and West Broadway was required by the City of Vancouver to provide space for an entrance to the station. This entrance has yet to be built.
The following bus routes can be found in close proximity to Broadway–City Hall station:
|99 B-Line to Commercial–Broadway Station|
N9 Coquitlam Central Station (night bus service)
|15 Olympic Village Station|
N15 Downtown (night bus service)
N15 Cambie (night bus service)
|99 B-Line to UBC|
N9 Downtown (night bus service)
N9 Downtown (night bus service)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Broadway–City Hall station.|
- "2019 Transit Service Performance Review – SkyTrain Stations Ranked by Annual Boardings" (PDF). translink.ca. TransLink. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 13, 2020. Retrieved June 5, 2021.
- "Canada Line Stations". VIA Architecture. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- Chan, Kenneth (March 16, 2018). "It's official: Broadway Subway and Surrey LRT will be built in $7-billion transit plan". Daily Hive. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- TransLink. Broadway–City Hall Station Entrance Location (PDF) (Map). Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- Chan, Kenneth (March 22, 2018). "These are the 6 stations of the Broadway Subway in Vancouver (VISUALS)". Daily Hive. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- "Broadway–City Hall Station Map" (PDF) (Map). TransLink. October 2018. Retrieved June 13, 2020.