|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver|
|Brands||Daily Hive, Dished, Urbanized, Grow, Colony Digital, ID Agency, Mapped|
|Owners||Manny Bahia, Karm Sumal, Farhan Mohamed|
Number of employees
The site began its publishing in 2008 under the name Vancity Buzz and was founded by Manny Bahia, Karm Sumal and Farhan Mohamed. The name was changed to Daily Hive in 2016 when the company expanded nationally over Canada, it also coincided with Canada's trademark approval for BuzzFeed. In 2016 the company had also grown to become the largest online-only publication in western Canada. In November 2017 Daily Hive deleted many of their posts on their official Instagram account as a form of viral marketing, inspired by Taylor Swift's similar publicity stunt earlier in the year. They then posted images of the word "Nude". This stunt caused growth in their social media presence and gained them more followers than before. That same month Vancouver Magazine ranked Bahia, Sumal and Mohamed together as among the 50 most powerful people in Vancouver, stating that Daily Hive was an influence on many Millennials. 
- Gillies, Nadia (June 1, 2016). "Vancity Buzz Rebrands to Daily Hive as Part of Nation-Wide Network Expansion". Marketwired. Archived from the original on 2017-08-19. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- "Vancity Buzz expands nationally, rebrands to Daily Hive". UBC.ca. June 1, 2016. Archived from the original on 2017-08-19. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- Jackson, Emily (June 1, 2016). "Western Canada's Vancity Buzz expands nationally, rebrands to Daily Hive". Financial Post. Archived from the original on 2017-08-19. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- Kronbauer, Bob (1 June 2016). "Vancity Buzz rebrands shortly after Buzzfeed Canada's Trademark approved". Vancouver is Awesome. Archived from the original on 2017-12-07. Retrieved December 7, 2017.
- Powell, Chris (June 1, 2016). "Vancity Buzz launches in Toronto and Montreal". Marketing. Archived from the original on 2017-08-19. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- "Vancity Buzz announces expansion plans to Toronto, Montreal". BC Business. June 1, 2016. Archived from the original on 2017-08-19. Retrieved August 19, 2017.
- http://mediaincanada.com/2017/12/01/the-daily-hives-unconventional-new-instagram-ads/ https://archive.is/UuAIt
- http://vanmag.com/city/vancouver-magazine-2017-power-50-list/ https://archive.is/gFHp3
- http://mediaincanada.com/2018/07/20/daily-hive-launches-id-agency/ https://archive.is/dWVrA
- Dailyhive.com, official website