May 29, 1965|
Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
New York Rangers
St. Louis Blues
179th overall, 1983|
Originally selected in the 1983 NHL Entry Draft by the Chicago Blackhawks, Noonan played parts of seven seasons in Chicago, although during the middle part of his career with the Blackhawks he mainly saw playing time in the minors with the Indianapolis Ice. Noonan would eventually regain a roster spot with the Blackhawks, especially after Mike Keenan became head coach. His play contributed to the team reaching the finals in 1992.
Noonan would play for Keenan again when he was traded to the New York Rangers at the trading deadline during the 1993–94 NHL season, and his play contributed to the Rangers reaching their first Stanley Cup in 54 years. Despite being credited to Mark Messier, the game-winning goal of game 7 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals was later shown to be scored by Noonan.
After playing two seasons with the Chicago Wolves, Noonan retired from professional play following the 2000–01 season.
Noonan played for head coach Mike Keenan on four occasions; with the Blackhawks, Rangers, Blues, and Canucks.
Noonan currently coaches the Naperville North (Ill.) High School Huskies.
|1982–83||Archbishop Williams High School||HS-MA||21||26||17||43||—||—||—||—||—|
|1983–84||Archbishop Williams High School||HS-MA||17||14||23||37||—||—||—||—||—|
|1984–85||New Westminster Bruins||WHL||72||50||66||116||76||11||8||7||15||4|
|1985–86||Nova Scotia Oilers||AHL||2||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|1986–87||Nova Scotia Oilers||AHL||70||25||26||51||30||5||3||1||4||4|
|1993–94||New York Rangers||NHL||12||4||2||6||12||22||4||7||11||17|
|1994–95||New York Rangers||NHL||45||14||13||27||26||5||0||0||0||8|
|1995–96||St. Louis Blues||NHL||81||13||22||35||84||13||4||1||5||10|
|1996–97||St. Louis Blues||NHL||13||2||5||7||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|1996–97||New York Rangers||NHL||44||6||9||15||28||—||—||—||—||—|
- March 21, 1994- Traded by the Chicago Blackhawks, along with Stéphane Matteau, to the New York Rangers in exchange for Tony Amonte and Matt Oates.
- July 24, 1995- Signed as a free agent with the St. Louis Blues.
- November 13, 1996- Traded by the St. Louis Blues to the New York Rangers in exchange for Sergio Momesso.
- March 8, 1997- Traded by the New York Rangers, along with Sergei Nemchinov, to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Esa Tikkanen and Russ Courtnall.
- March 17, 1999- Signed as a free agent with the Phoenix Coyotes.