Brett Brackett (born December 13, 1987) is an American football tight end who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football for Penn State.
Brackett with the Dolphins in 2011
|Born:||December 13, 1987|
New Brunswick, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||246 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||Lawrence (NJ)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Brackett attended Penn State. In 2010, as a senior, he was the a co-captain along with Ollie Ogbu, who would later join him in the professional ranks on the Eagles roster. Though he was initially recruited as a quarterback, he converted to wide receiver where, during his senior season, he was quite formidable out of the slot. He caught 39 balls for 525 yards and 5 touchdowns in 2010.
Brackett was signed on November 9, 2011, to the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad. At the conclusion of the 2011 season, his practice squad contract expired and he became a free agent. He was re-signed to the active roster on January 2, 2012. Brackett was expected to compete with Clay Harbor for the number two tight end spot. It was thought that he could make the roster as a third tight end, but he was waived during the final roster cuts.
Second stint with JaguarsEdit
Brackett was claimed by Jacksonville on September 1, 2012. He sustained a knee injury in his first practice with the team and was placed on injured reserve. He was released on September 1, 2013.
- Staff. "BRACKETT MAKING IMPACT AS NITTANY LIONS RECEIVER", Centre Daily Times, September 4, 2008. Accessed October 10, 2012. "Now the fourth receiver in an offense that routinely utilizes four-wide sets, the redshirt sophomore from Lawrenceville, NJ, poses a big problem for opposing defenses... Brackett threw for 46 touchdowns and ran for 23 more during his career at Lawrence High School...."
- "Brett Brackett Stats". Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "Philadelphia Eagles TE Brett Brackett fighting for roster spot". Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- "Jaguars waive injured TE Miller, claim Brackett". Retrieved September 2, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Jaguars sign TE Cloherty, Brackett to IR". Jaguars.com. Archived from the original on September 7, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2012.
- Arizona Cardinals sign Brett Brackett, Andre Hardy and Christian Johnson to future contracts
- Drovetto, Tony. "Wednesday Round-Up: Seahawks waive WR Phil Bates, TE Brett Brackett". Seahawks.com. Archived from the original on October 30, 2014. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- Kelly, Danny. "Seahawks claim TE Brett Brackett off waivers from Titans, waive Rashaun Allen". FieldGulls.com. Retrieved October 22, 2014.