Boynitsa Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Бойница) is a small frontier municipality (obshtina) in Vidin Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the Danubian Plain about 20 km southwest of Danube river. It is named after its administrative centre - the village of Boynitsa. The area borders on the Republic of Serbia to the west and northwest.
Boynitsa Municipality within Bulgaria and Vidin Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Boynitsa|
|• Total||166 km2 (64 sq mi)|
|• Density||10/km2 (27/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
The municipality embraces a territory of 166 km² with a population of 1,717 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
Boynitsa Municipality includes the following 8 places all of them villages:
|Gradskovski Kolibi||Градсковски колиби||67|
|Shipikova Mahala||Шипикова махала||8|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
As of most recent statistics from 2018, the population of Boynitsa dropped further to 936 people. There were only 2 births recorded and 55 deaths. That means that the population dropped by 53 people, because of natural increase. In the period between 2000-2018 there were a total of 104 births recorded. The number of deaths in the same period was 1,488. That means that the population of Boynitsa declined by 1,384 people just because the fact more people are dying than that being born. Boynitsa is one of the smallest municipalities by population (only Treklyano Municipality has a smaller population).
|Population||Live births||Deaths||Natural growth||Birth rate (‰)||Death rate (‰)||Natural growth rate (‰)|
According to the latest Bulgarian census of 2011, the religious composition, among those who answered the optional question on religious identification, was the following:
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009 Archived November 13, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Religious composition of Bulgaria 2011". pop-stat.mashke.org.
- Info website (in English)