Bountiful Summer (Russian: Щедрое лето, romanized: Shchedroe leto) is a 1951 Soviet comedy drama film directed by Boris Barnet and starring Nina Arkhipova, Nikolay Kryuchkov and Viktor Dobrovolsky. The film is set on a collective farm in Ukraine.
|Directed by||Boris Barnet|
|Written by||Nikolai Dalyokij |
|Starring||Nina Arkhipova |
|Music by||German Zhukovsky|
|Edited by||Nadezhda Ratmanskaya|
|8 March 1951|
It was shot at the Kiev Film Studio in 1950, but released the following year. It was also released in America the same year in a subtitled version by Artkino Pictures. The film was shot using a version of the sovcolor process.
- Nina Arkhipova as Vera Groshko
- Nikolay Kryuchkov as Nazar Protsenko
- Viktor Dobrovolsky as Ruban
- Marina Bebutova as Oksana Podpruzhenko
- Anton Dunajsky as Prokopchuk
- Georgi Gumilevsky as Musi Antonovich
- Alla Kazanskaya as Zoological technician
- Muza Krepkogorskaya as Darka
- Mikhail Kuznetsov as Peter Sereda
- Vera Kuznetsova as Ekaterina Matveievna
- Yelena Maksimova as Kolodchka
- Konstantin Sorokin as Teslyuk
- Mikhail Vysotsky as Podpruzhenko
- Zoya Tolbuzina as Vera
- Kenez p.250
- Peter Kenez. Cinema and Soviet Society: From the Revolution to the Death of Stalin. I.B.Tauris, 2001.