Bouley was a contemporary French restaurant located at 163 Duane Street (between Greenwich Street and Hudson Street), in Tribeca in Manhattan, in New York City. The high-profile four-star chef David Bouley was its owner and chef. It initially opened in 1987 at 154 Duane Street and was closed in 1996.
|Established||1987(at initial location); October 2008 (at second location)|
|Closed||1996(at initial location); July 31, 2017|
|Dress code||Jackets are required for men, at both lunch and dinner|
|Coordinates||40°43′01″N 74°00′32″W / 40.716967°N 74.008971°W|
It reopened at its second location in October 2008 and was there just short of nine years before closing in July 2017. Jackets were required for men, at both lunch and dinner.
The menu was modern French, and included dishes such as porcini flan with Dungeness crab and black truffle broth, wild salmon, and organic duckling.
The romantic, candle-lit restaurant had vaulted ceilings brushed with gold leaf, an ancient French fireplace, and Impressionist paintings. A circular stone staircase led to a cellar for private parties.
In 2013, Zagats gave it a food rating of 28, and ranked it the best of 111 restaurants in Tribeca, and the 3rd-best restaurant in New York City. In 2015, TripAdvisor rated it the best restaurant in the United States.
- ^ a b c "Bouley | 163 Duane Street 10013 | Restaurants". Time Out New York. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- ^ a b Bouley | Manhattan | Restaurant Menus and Reviews. Zagat. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- ^ Andrew Rosenberg, Martin Dunford (2011). The Rough Guide to New York. Penguin. p. 309. ISBN 9781848365902. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
bouley 163 duane.
- ^ Time Out New York. Time Out New York. 2011. ISBN 9781846702105. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- ^ https://davidbouley.com/david-bouley-biography/#mohawk
- ^ a b c d Fabricant, Florence (October 14, 2008). "The New Bouley: French, Modern and Lavish". The New York Times.
- ^ Tuder, Stefanie (July 31, 2017). "Bouley Bids Adieu to New York City After 30 Years". Eater NY.
- ^ Patricia Schultz (2010). 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. ISBN 9780761148296. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- ^ Jared Koch, Alex Van Buren (2012). Clean Plates Manhattan 2013: A Guide to the Healthiest Tastiest and Most Sustainable Restaurants for Vegetarians and Carnivores. ISBN 9780985922108. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- ^ AnneLise Sorensen, Eleanor Berman (February 2012). DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: New York City. ISBN 9780756691189. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- ^ Fodor's See It New York City. Fodor's Travel Publications. 2012. p. 103. ISBN 9780876371367. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
bouley 163 duane.
- ^ "Bouley | 163 Duane St 10013 | Restaurants". Time Out New York. March 15, 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- ^ "The 10 Best Restaurants in New York City | Zagat Blog". Archived from the original on November 13, 2012. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- ^ Best Fine Dining Restaurants — United States