Preussisches Bosniaken-Regiment 1786
|Active||1754 - unknown|
|Country||Kingdom of Prussia|
|Part of||1st Hussar Regiment "von Ruesch"|
|Engagements||Seven Years' War|
The army has frequently performed functions of a Gendarmerie, or as the military police of the modern military. Over time, the Bosniak army was filled by the representatives of other nations, but over 90% of the soldiers were ethnic Bosniaks. Bosniak army soldiers wore distinctive, high fur hats, decorated pony tails and ropes, they wore emblems of the province in which they served. As for weapons, they used their swords and spears, as well as their counterparts in the Imperial Army - Cossacks.
The first time they fought was during the Seven Years' War, and numbered nearly 1,000 people. Later, during the war because of the Bavarian allocations, as well as in Kostyuk uprising in 1796.
Bosniaks (Polish: Bośniacy) were also in the Polish army in the first half of the 18th century. However, the Bosniak component was incorporated into the whole of what was known as the Lancers, who were part of the Polish army at the same time. The Bosniak corps members insisted that their cultural and ethnic identity needs to save and recognized while serving the Prussian Army.
- Zemaljski muzej Bosne i Hercegovine, Wissenschaftliche Mitteilungen aus Bosnien und der Herzegowina Band 8, Das Museum, 1902
- David v. Dziengel: Geschichte des Königlichen Zweiten Ulanen-Regiments: zugleich enthaltend: Die Geschichte der Towarczys von 1675; die Geschichte der Bosniaken von 1745; des Tartaren-Pulks von 1795; der Towarczys von 1800, [...], Potsdam 1858. Digitalisat der ULB Düsseldorf
- Franz Genthe: Die Bosniaken in der preussischen Armee. In: Wissenschaftliche Mitteilungen aus Bosnien und der Herzegowina. Bosnisch-Herzegowinisches Landesmuseum in Sarajewo, Band 8, Wien 1901, S. 145–200, S. 161.
- Guddat, Martin (2001). Handbuch zur preussischen Militärgeschichte 1701–1786. Hamburg: Mittler. p. 35. ISBN 3-8132-0732-3.
- Hadzijahic, Muhamed (1962). Hirzel, S. (ed.). "Die Anfänge der nationalen Entwicklung in Bosnien und in der Herzegowina". Südost-Forschungen. 21: 181.