Born to Ride (film)
|Born to Ride|
|Directed by||Graham Baker|
|Produced by||Fred Weintraub|
|Written by||Michael Pardridge|
|Music by||Shirley Walker|
|Edited by||Alan Balsam|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Colonel James E. Devers's (Sandy McPeak) newly converted motorcycle unit has had a lot of experience riding horses, but not much riding motorcycles. Enter Grady Westfall (John Stamos), a biker that is faced with the choice of prison or teaching the military how to ride. Grady quickly proves to be a headache for Colonel James E. Devers (Sandy McPeak), who dislikes both Grady's unorthodox methods and his interest in his daughter Beryl Ann (Teri Polo). But when Grady discovers that his unit is ill equipped to launch a rescue mission in Spain, he decides to accompany his unit in the hopes of increasing their chance of succeeding in the dangerous mission.
- John Stamos as Corporal Grady Westfall
- John Stockwell as Captain Jack Hassler
- Teri Polo as Beryl Ann Devers
- Sandy McPeak as Colonel James E. Devers (CO, 36th Div.)
- Kris Kamm as Bobby Novak
- Keith Cooke as Broadwater
- Dean Yacalis as Cartucci
- Salvator Xuereb as Levon
- Justin Lazard as Brooks
- Thom Mathews as Willis
- Garrick Hagon as Jim Bridges, State Department Official
- Matko Raguz as Esteban
- Lisa Orgolini as Claire Tate
- Ed Bishop as Dr. Tate
- Slavko Juraga as Capt. Rosario
The film was largely panned upon its release, and Entertainment Weekly gave the movie a D+ rating and commented that it was "a big failure on the most basic dramatic level." In a 2009 article PopCrunch listed Stamos on their "20 Worst Action Film Stars of All Time" article for his role in Born to Ride.
- "Straight-To-Video Releases Include `Going Under'". Seattle Times. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "No More Mr. Nice Guy". People. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- Fyne, Robert (2008). Long Ago and Far Away: Hollywood and the Second World War. Scarecrow Press. p. 170. ISBN 9780810866843.
- Brod, Doug. "Born To Ride (review)". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "20 Worst Action Film Stars of All Time". PopCrunch. Retrieved 1 March 2014.