Bombaj Štampa (English: Bombay Press) is a Bosnian pop-rock group from Sarajevo dating formed in 1982. It, together with Zabranjeno Pušenje and Elvis J. Kurtović & His Meteors, participated in creating a new movement known as New Primitivism in Ex-Yugoslavia.
|Origin||Sarajevo, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, Yugoslavia|
(now Bosnia and Herzegovina)
|Years active||1982–1992 , 2008 –present|
|Labels||Diskoton, Dallas Records|
|Associated acts||Zabranjeno Pušenje, Elvis J. Kurtović & His Meteors|
The group was founded by guitarist Nedim Babović in 1982, but initially never had a stable lineup and therefore didn't perform much. In May 1983, aspiring actor Branko Đurić who sang with SCH joined the band.
Bombaj Štampa was not active from 1992 till 2008. In December 2008, group members reunited for a concert in Sarajevo featuring original guitarist Nedim Babović and drummer Dragan Bajić along with bassist Ernie Mendillo (The Brandos). More concerts followed and an album of new material was released in the Spring of 2010.
On 25 July 2019 Đuro and his band gave two-hour performance on Zenica city square – as one of many concerts during Zenica summer fest 2019 (second main show of this festival). They performed, among other songs, their new song called "Čekić" – to appear on the album that was due to be released in September 2019 – as well as one opera.
- "Đuro i Bombaj Štampa: Evo jedne što se svira na plaži". Radio Sarajevo.
- "Promo / Bombaj Štampa 28. septembra u Aquarius Vilsu (FOTO)". Klix.ba (in Bosnian).
- "Bombaj štampa posle 25 god. u Beogradu". B92.
- Bombaj Štampa na Zenica Summer Festu. Klix.ba. YouTube LLC. 26 July 2019. Event occurs at 1:58–. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Bombaj Štampa discography". Discogs.
Media related to Bombaj štampa at Wikimedia Commons