Boccheggiano is a village in Tuscany, central Italy, administratively a frazione of the comune of Montieri, province of Grosseto, in the area of Colline Metallifere. At the time of the 2001 census its population amounted to 339.
View of Boccheggiano
|Elevation||664 m (2,178 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Dialing code||(+39) 0564|
- San Bartolomeo (15th century), main parish church of the village, it was restructured many times (in 1864, 1986, 1990).
- San Sebastiano (14th century), it was restructured in the 17th century.
- Walls of Boccheggiano, old fortifications which surround the village since the 13th century.
- Porta della Torricella, main gate and access to the medieval village.
- Porta di Villa, destroyed.
- Municipal Theatre of Boccheggiano, it was built in 1927.
- Giardino dei Suoni (Garden of Sounds), a park of contemporary art founded by artist Paul Fuchs.
- Aldo Mazzolai, Guida della Maremma. Percorsi tra arte e natura, Le Lettere, Florence, 1997.