Blondie Meets the Boss
Blondie Meets the Boss is a 1939 American film directed by Frank R. Strayer.
|Blondie Meets the Boss|
|Directed by||Frank R. Strayer|
|Produced by||Robert Sparks|
|Written by||Richard Flournoy (screenplay)
Kay Van Riper
1930 comic strip
by Chic Young
|Music by||Leigh Harline|
|Edited by||Gene Havlick|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
- Penny Singleton as Blondie Bumstead
- Arthur Lake as Dagwood Bumstead
- Larry Simms as Baby Dumpling Bumstead
- Jonathan Hale as J.C Dithers
- Danny Mummert as Alvin
- Daisy as Daisy the Dog
- Dorothy Moore as Dot Miller
- Don Beddoe as Marvin Williams
- Dorothy Comingore as Francine Rogers
- Stanley Brown as Ollie Shaw
- Joel Dean as Freddie Turner
- Richard Fiske as Nelson
- Inez Courtney as Betty Lou Wood
- Patti Lacey featured swing dancer
- Ray Hirsch featured swing dancer
- Skinnay Ennis as Himself
- Barbara Kent as Jitterbug dancer (*this Barbara Kent is not the former silent film actress, but a younger English actress born 1921)
Production for the film took place in December 1938 to January 1939, and had the working title Blondie Steps Out.
- Leonard Maltin's 2004 Movie and Video Guide. 2004. p. 143. ISBN 0-451-20940-0.
- Blottner, Gene (2011). Columbia Pictures Movie Series, 1926-1955: The Harry Cohn Years. McFarland. p. 19. ISBN 978-0786433537. Retrieved 2013-05-11.