Big Creek Greenway
The Big Creek Greenway is a multi-use trail with two completed sections along Big Creek (formerly known as Vickery Creek) in the state of Georgia, United States. The first section begins at Big Creek Park in Roswell, GA and currently runs 8 miles (13 km) to Marconi Drive in Alpharetta. A second completed section of the trail begins in Forsyth County at McFarland Parkway and runs 9.6 miles (15.4 km). Once complete, the trail will be 12 feet (3.7 m) wide and traverse the cities of Roswell, Alpharetta and Cumming.
|Big Creek Greenway|
|Length||8.0 miles (Roswell/Alpharetta) 9.6 miles (Forsyth)|
|Use||Cycling and pedestrians|
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2019)
- Big Creek Park (Old Alabama Road, Roswell, GA)
- Barrington Farms Neighborhood (No Public Greenway Parking)
- Mansell Crossing (No Public Greenway Parking)
- North Point Parkway
- Rock Mill Park (Kimball Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA)
- Haynes Bridge Road
- Old Milton Parkway (No Public Greenway Parking)
- Preston Ridge (Ed Isakson/Alpharetta YMCA)
- Marconi Drive
In 2016 the City of Alpharetta partnered with Zagster, Inc to provide free bike share for Big Creek Greenway users. Bikes can be rented for up to 3 hrs free of charge. Stations are now located at 4 stops along the Big Creek Greenway
- Big Creek Park (Roswell, GA)
- North Point Parkway - Greenway Parking Lot
- Rock Mill Park
- Ed Isakson YMCA
In December 2017, the Alpharetta City Council approved spending $407,425 to have its on-call engineering consultant design the Big Creek Greenway extension from the trail's current terminus at Marconi Drive north to Union Hill Park on the Fulton-Forsyth county line.
The trail design is expected to be completed 9 to 12 months after the notice to proceed.
- "Big Creek Greenway". www.alpharetta.ga.us. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- "Forsyth County Parks and Recreation > Parks and Facilities > Big Creek Greenway". parks.forsythco.com. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- "Zagster Bike Share Program | Smartphone App | Awesome Alpharetta". Awesome Alpharetta. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "Alpharetta OKs $402K for trail extension design", AJC
- "Big Creek Greenway Connection Concept Study - City of Milton, GA". www.cityofmiltonga.us.