Beth Ostrosky Stern
Beth Ostrosky Stern
Stern at the 2014 AHA Hero Dog Awards
|Occupation||Author, model, animal-rights activist|
Howard Stern (m. 2008)
Stern was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her mother, Judy (née Jarema), is a former model and her father, Robert Ostrosky, is a dentist. Stern was raised Roman Catholic. She has two brothers.
Stern attended Fox Chapel High School in suburban Fox Chapel, Pennsylvania, and took classes for three years at the University of Pittsburgh before leaving to pursue a modeling career in New York City.
Stern worked as a model while in high school. She moved from Pittsburgh to New York City to pursue her modeling career and worked for several of the fashion houses in NYC in the early 2000s. Soon after her arrival in New York City, talent scouts began to take notice of her, and offered her small parts in movies and television ad campaigns.
Stern received her first noticeable role as one of the daughters of Ben Stiller's supposed birth parents in the 1996 film Flirting with Disaster. She played a more prominent role four years later in the film Whipped, with Amanda Peet. Stern has also appeared on television, appearing in the final season of G4 show Filter, and the Spike TV series Casino Cinema.
She has appeared in her own line of calendars, as well as on the covers of several magazines, including three times on FHM. Votes from the readers of For Him Magazine ("FHM") placed Stern among FHM's 100 Sexiest Women of the Year in 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2007( #76). AskMen.com placed Stern 96th in its list of the Most Desirable Women for 2007.[volume & issue needed]
In 2010, Stern authored Oh My Dog: How to Choose, Train, Groom, Nurture, Feed, and Care for Your New Best Friend, which reached #5 on The New York Times Best Seller list of paperback advice books. In 2014, she wrote the children's book Yoda: The Story of a Cat and his Kittens, which tells the story of a Persian cat with a heart condition that she and her husband adopted. She released a sequel, Yoda Gets a Buddy, the following year. Proceeds from both books went to support Bianca's Furry Friends, a 14,000-square-foot, cage-free animal shelter at the North Shore Animal League, named after the couple's deceased bulldog.
Stern hosted the short-lived National Geographic reality television show Spoiled Rotten Pets in 2013. Later that year, she was named as the host of the first annual Kitten Bowl, a Super Bowl counterprogramming special on the Hallmark Channel which, as of 2019[update], has continued to air annually with Stern as a cast member.
Radio personality Howard Stern proposed to Beth on February 13, 2007 after 7 years of dating. The couple married at Le Cirque restaurant in New York City on October 3, 2008, in a ceremony officiated by actor Mark Consuelos. As of 2019[update], the Sterns primarily reside in the Town of Southampton on Long Island, though they also own homes in Manhattan and in Palm Beach, Florida.
Beth Stern maintains dedicated "foster rooms" in all three of her residences for cats and kittens in need of permanent homes, a project she began in 2013. That same year, she launched a personal Instagram account which soon became focused on the animals in her care. As of 2019[update], it has more than half a million followers and has helped Stern to facilitate roughly 1,000 adoptions.
- "Beth Ostrosky". Fashion Model Directory. Archived from the original on March 27, 2019. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- Allen, Liz (April 25, 1997). "[No headline]". Erie Times-News. Pennsylvania. Retrieved September 4, 2019 – via Newsbank.
- Miller, Gerri (May 14, 2015). "Hollywood Now: Elizabeth Banks Tackles Drama, Comedy & Directing". Interfaith Family. Retrieved April 17, 2017.
- Sheridan, Patricia (January 27, 2014). "Patricia Sheridan's Breakfast With ... Beth Stern". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Pennsylvania. Archived from the original on February 15, 2015. Retrieved September 4, 2019.
- Wilson Fuoco, Linda (October 19, 2018). "Pet Tales: Fox Chapel's Beth Stern co-hosts Hero Dog awards show". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Pennsylvania. Retrieved September 4, 2019.
- FHM. 2007[volume & issue needed]
- "'Oh My Dog': Caring for your buddy". Today Show. May 5, 2010. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- "Best Sellers > Paperback Advice". The New York Times. May 23, 2010. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Garvey, Marianne (November 18, 2014). "Beth and Howard Stern and the comeback kitty". New York Daily News. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Yin, Maryann (September 28, 2015). "Beth Stern Inks Deal With Aladdin Books". Adweek. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Jacobs, Matthew (18 April 2013). "Beth Stern On 'Spoiled Rotten Pets,' Kim Kardashian's Fur And Howard Stern's 'Fifty Shades Of Grey'". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Block, Alex Ben (21 October 2013). "Howard Stern's wife to host first-ever Kitten Bowl". TODAY.com. NBCUniversal. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Levingston, Katie (31 January 2019). "Beth Stern has opened her home to close to 900 foster cats". TODAY.com. NBCUniversal. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Harris, Chris (14 February 2007). "Howard Stern's Valentine's Day Shocker: He's Engaged!". MTV News. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Gebauer, Dianne (11 January 2018). "Strange things about Howard Stern's marriage". Nicki Swift. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Bashinsky, Ruth (11 February 2019). "Beth Stern: The Cat's Meow". Long Island Press. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
We have an apartment in Manhattan with a foster room. Our house in Palm Beach has a foster room and our house in the Hamptons... Howard and I are happiest when we are at our home in Southampton. We spend most of our time on Long Island...
- Rosenbaum, Sophia (27 October 2017). "Beth and Howard Stern Love Cats. And They're Using Their Fortune to Save Them". Money. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
Beth Stern, a former model, says she and her radio-show-host husband have saved at least 500 cats and kittens since 2013...
- Kirby, Jillian (8 November 2013). "Best Celebrity Instagrams Of The Week: Nicole Richie Parties With Famous Pals, Twilight Cast Have Mini Reunion and More!". OK! USA. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
'I just got Beth drunk and made her join Instagram. Follow her @BethOStern,' Whitney Cummings wrote.
- "Take a Look Inside Howard and Beth Stern's Unapologetically Cat-tastic Life!". One Green Planet. 29 July 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2019.
With a near constant flow of daily kitty pics filling 99% of her Instagram and Twitter accounts...
- Martoccio, Angie (22 May 2019). "Beth Stern on Landing Her Foster Kittens on the Cover of 'Rolling Stone'". Retrieved 18 November 2019.