Bennington is an unincorporated community in central Pleasant Township, Switzerland County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. Although Bennington is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 47011.
|Elevation||889 ft (271 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||430820|
An old variant name of the community was called Slawson. A post office was established under this name in 1838, and was renamed to Bennington in 1848. The post office is still currently operating.
The community lies along the Bennington Pike north of the town of Vevay, the county seat of Switzerland County. Its elevation is 889 feet (271 m), and it is located at (38.8589483, -85.1405093).
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2016-11-04.
- "Bennington, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- Zip Code Lookup Archived 2011-06-15 at the Wayback Machine
- "USGS detail on Bennington - Variant Citation". Retrieved 2016-11-04.
- "Switzerland County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved August 25, 2016.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 53, 59. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-06-01.
|This Switzerland County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|