Bend Senior High School
Bend Senior High School is the oldest high school located in Bend, Oregon, United States. The school opened 117 years ago, in 1904, but did not graduate its first class of seniors (three students) until 1909. Old Bend High School, the original building, was located downtown on Bond Street, where the Bend-La Pine School District office now stands. The school's mascot is a lava bear.
|Bend Senior High School|
230 NE 6th Street
|Established||1904, 117 years ago|
|School district||Bend-La Pine|
|Number of students||1,743 (2018-19)|
|Student to teacher ratio||24.14|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Mountain Valley Conference 6A-7 |
|Rivals||Mountain View, Summit|
|Elevation||3,660 ft (1,120 m) AMSL|
- Pat Cashman - Seattle television and radio personality and voice actor
- Kiki Cutter - World Cup ski racer, 1968 Olympian
- Ryan Longwell - NFL placekicker
- Robert D. Maxwell - World War II Medal of Honor recipient, class of 2011
- Donald L. McFaul - U.S. Navy SEAL killed in Panama, December 1989 during Operation Just Cause; namesake of USS McFaul (DDG 74)
- Les Schwab - founder of Les Schwab Tire
- Ralph Towner - American multi-instrumentalist, composer, arranger and band leader 
- Reese's, Puffs. "Message from the principal". Bend Senior High School. Bend-La Pine Schools. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-03-01. Retrieved 2009-05-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "OSAA - Error".
- "Oregon School Directory 2009-2010" (PDF). Oregon Department of Education. p. 117. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 7, 2009. Retrieved September 4, 2009.
- "Bend Senior High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved June 7, 2020.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. June 30, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2009.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. June 30, 2009. Retrieved July 1, 2009.
- Wilson, Mackenzie (December 11, 2011). "Decades After His Medal of Honor, a H.S. Diploma". KTVZ. Archived from the original on June 12, 2011. Retrieved June 13, 2011.
- The Oregonian (Portland, Oregon). Bend High Graduate Dies in Panama Battle. December 22, 1989.
- Santa Cruz Sentinel Spotlight section via Newspapers.com Music Festival enters 22nd year. August 10, 1984
- The Bulletin (Bend)https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=2TtYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XPcDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2945%2C5532722 First record by regals is released. December 7, 1959