Benedict Michael Scharnus (December 11, 1917 - March 19, 1982) was a professional basketball player. He played for the Cleveland Rebels and the Providence Steamrollers of the Basketball Association of America (now known as the National Basketball Association).
|Born||December 11, 1917|
Newark, New Jersey
|Died||March 19, 1982(aged 64)|
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||173 lb (78 kg)|
|1944||Wilmington Blue Bombers|
|1945–1946||New York Gothams|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Ben played in 51 games for the Cleveland Rebels in the 1946–47 BAA season and one game for the Providence Steamrollers 1948–49 BAA season. In 1947, Ben was drafted by the Boston Celtics in a dispersal draft.
BAA career statisticsEdit
|GP||Games played||FG%||Field-goal percentage|
|FT%||Free-throw percentage||APG||Assists per game|
|PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- "Ben Scharnus Past Stats, Playoff Stats, Statistics, History, and Awards". Databasebasketball.com. March 19, 1982. Archived from the original on June 7, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "Seton Hall University team". Seton Hall Pirates. Archived from the original on November 30, 2011. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "1946-47 Cleveland Rebels Roster and Stats". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "1948-49 Providence Steam Rollers Roster and Stats". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- "Ben Scharnus NBA Stats". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved December 29, 2011.
- Career statistics and player information from Basketball-Reference.com
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball player, coach, or other figure born in the 1910s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|