This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Baxter! is a 1973 British drama film directed by Lionel Jeffries and starring Patricia Neal, Jean-Pierre Cassel and Britt Ekland. A young boy struggles to overcome his speech problem and strained relationship with his parents. The film was based on a book by Kin Platt, called The Boy Who Could Make Himself Disappear.
|Directed by||Lionel Jeffries|
|Produced by||Arthur Lewis|
Howard G. Barnes
John L. Hargreaves
|Written by||Reginald Rose|
|Based on||book The Boy Who Could Make Himself Disappear by Kin Platt|
|Music by||Michael J. Lewis|
|Edited by||Teddy Darvas|
|Distributed by||National General Pictures (US)|
The film was made before Jeffries' third film as director, Mr Amazing Mr Blunden, but released afterwards.
- Patricia Neal – Doctor Roberta Clemm
- Jean-Pierre Cassel – Roger Tunnell
- Britt Ekland – Chris Bentley
- Lynn Carlin – Mrs. Baxter
- Scott Jacoby – Roger Baxter
- Sally Thomsett – Nemo
- Paul Eddington – Mr. Rawling
- Paul Maxwell – Mr. Baxter
- Ian Thompson – Dr. Walsh
- Ronald Leigh-Hunt – Mr. Fishie
- Frances Bennett – Mrs. Newman
- George Tovey – George
- Marianne Stone – Woman
The Boy Who Could Make Himself Disappear was published in 1968. One critic called it "unforgettable".
- "Baxter! (1972)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- BAXTER! Monthly Film Bulletin; London Vol. 40, Iss. 468, (Jan 1, 1973): 48.
- Review 3 -- No Title Coles, Robert. Chicago Tribune 6 Oct 1968: p20.
- Would-be Lawyer Tuning Up as Actor Haber, Joyce. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File); Los Angeles, Calif. [Los Angeles, Calif]13 Mar 1973: e9.
- Cassel on Tour: Of Cassel and 'Baxter!' By Michael Kernan. The Washington Post, Times Herald 10 Mar 1973: B1.