Banca Transilvania (BT) is a banking institution with headquarters in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. The bank was founded in 1993 in Cluj-Napoca by a local business people group, with a capital of 2 billion RON, of which 79% was Romanian and 21% foreign. In 2014, Banca Transilvania celebrates 20 years since it became operational, with the opening of Cluj branch.
|Traded as||BVB: TLV|
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Horia Ciorcilă (Chairman)
Ömer Tetik (CEO)
|Products||Commercial banking, Investment banking, Private banking, Asset management|
|Revenue||6.01 billion RON (2011)|
Currently, BT is on 2nd place among banks in Romania in terms of assets with a market share of over 8%. Its activity is organized into four main business lines: corporate banking, IMM, retail banking and medical division. Banca Transilvania has about 1.76 million customers, 550 locations and over 6000 employees. Since June 2013, the new CEO of Banca Transilvania is Ömer Tetik. Aged 40, he is one of the youngest bankers in Romania.
Banca Transilvania is the first bank from Romania which opens a branch in Rome.
- Banca Transilvania was voted “The Most Trusted Brand 2014” by the public, among Romanian banks, during the study conducted by Reader’s Digest. The study has a 14 years tradition, being organized in 12 countries;
- Banca Transilvania consolidated the third place among the largest banks;
- Banca Transilvania is the financial institution which did not experienced losses during the crisis. It registered in 2013 increasing financial results from the previous year;
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is the largest BT shareholder (15% of the BT’s share capital);
- Banca Transilvania is the first bank in Romania which was listed on Bucharest Stock Exchange in 1997;
- The first bank in Romania which launched in the site Social Media Newsroom, a platform which integrates press releases, BT news, and also Social Media;
- Cluj has Soul (www.clujularesuflet.ro) is the biggest social involvement project of BT.
- Horia Ciorcila, BT founder and Chairman of the Council of Administration, is among the largest investors on the Romanian stock exchange;
- BT is on the first place among the most valuable companies controlled by Romanian investors;
- BT, for the first time among Superbrands Romania in 2013;
- BT, in the Social Brands 2013 Top, realized in 2013 by Biz magazine;
- BT, among the most powerful Romanian brands, top realized in 2013 by Biz magazine;
- National premiere: the launch of Western Union money transfer service through Internet banking;
- World premiere: Western Union and Banca Transilvania have launched money transfer service through ATM;
- In 2003, the bank initiated a rebranding program;
Bank Net profitEdit
- 2013: 7.13 billion euros
- 2012: 6643.31 million euros
- 2011: 5799.94 million euros
- 2010: 4839.88 million euros
- 2009: 4.6 billion euros
- 2008: 4.2 billion euros
- 2007: 3.8 billion euros
- 2006: 1.2 billion euros
Banca Transilvania’s stock value was headed in 2007 toward 2 billion euros, but after drastic corrections on the financial markets, the bank reached a stock value of below 300 million euros in April 2009.
Banca Transilvania registered for Q1 of 2014, a net profit of 103,4 million lei, almost 23 million euros, having a 23% increase since last year’s same period.
The BT Financial GroupEdit
The BT Financial Group was formed in 2003, its main component being Banca Transilvania, with which are also included BT Asset Management, BT Direct, BT Leasing, BT Securities, Factoring company, BT Finop Leasing and Medicredit. BT Financial Group will wear BT logo and the center of the power will be Banca Transilvania, which has 100% equity shares or majority positions in subsidiaries.
BT Asset Management (BT AM) has as activity object the management of group activities. BT Asset Management was founded in 2005 and manages BT Maxim and BT Classic funds and the BT Invest 1 closed-end investment funds, which has parts of Romanian companies with high growth potential. In 2007, BT Asset Management was the mutual funds market leader with a share of 15.3%, in 2008 it was on the second place, going down on the 5th position, with a market share of 5.2% and assets of 77.3 million RON.
- "Actiuni listate la Bursa: BANCA TRANSILVANIA S.A. (TLV)".
- Banca Transilvania Official Site
- Banca Transilvania official site
- Obiectivul principal al lui Tetik, noul CEO al Băncii Transilvania: să ridice cota de piață la peste 10% 15 May 2013, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Banca Transilvania are un nou director general 14 May 2013, bancatransilvania.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Banca Transilvania Official Site
- Banca Transilvania, desemnata The Most Trusted Brand de Reader’s Digest 21 May 2014, ziaruldecluj.ro, accessed on 29 May 2014
- Topul celor mai mari bănci 24 February 2014, zf.ro, accessed on 25 February 2014
- Instituția financiară care nu a cunoscut pierderea în criză 13 February 2014, wall-street.ro, accessed on 25 February 2014
- Banca Transilvania official site
- Topul celor mai mari investitori români de pe bursă 4 October 2013, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Topul celor mai valoroase companii controlate de investitori români 4 October 2013, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Superbrandurile românești, apreciate din patriotism 12 September 2013, forbes.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Top Social Brands 28 June 2013, revistabiz.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Branduri campioane în Social Media în 2013 20 June 2013, revistabiz.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Premieră: serviciu de transfer de bani prin Internet Banking 5 April 2012, incomemagazine.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Banca Transilvania lansează transferurile de bani prin ATM 25 November 2010, capital.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Rezultatele Banca Transilvania pe 2013: profit de 375 milioane lei, în creștere cu 17%, 13 February 2014, zf.ro, accessed on 25 February 2014
- Profitul Băncii Transilvania a crescut cu o treime, la 72 mil. euro, 12 February 2013, wall-street.ro, accessed on 21 October 2013
- Cu ce rezultate a lăsat Rekkers Banca Transilvania. Vezi bilanțul băncii, 1 February 2012, wall-street.ro, accessed on 21 October 2013
- Profitul Bancii Transilvania a crescut cu 58% in 2010, 2 February 2011, wall-street.ro, accessed on 21 October 2013
- Rekkers, BT: Am realizat profitul brut asumat in fata actionarilor nostri, 3 February 2010, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Top 10 cele mai profitabile banci pe anul trecut, 19 March 2009, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Topul celor mai profitabile banci pe anul trecut, 31 March 2008, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Top 10 cele mai mari banci din Romania, 1 July 2009, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Compania de Factoring are o cota de piata de 3% ,dupa primele patru luni, 1 February 2007, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- , 17 December 2009, financiarul.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Banca Transilvania face in T1 profit de 103,4 milioane lei, in crestere cu 23%, 30 April 2014, wall-street.ro, accessed on 29 May 2014
- Banca Transilvania a cumparat 50% din capitalul Companiei de Factoring, 30 October 2009, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- BT Invest 1, un nou fond inchis de investi, 29 November 2005, romanialibera.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Fondurile mutuale pacalesc incertitudinea fiscala, 16 November 2005, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Activele nete ale BT Clasic si BT Maxim, 31 January 2006, romanialibera.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- BT Invest aduce pe Bursă o firmă de construcții din Arad, 28 February 2008, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Profit de 6 ori mai mare la BT Asset Management, 10 April 2007, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Planurile BT Asset Management in 2009, 8 July 2009, incomemagazine.ro, accessed on 7 October 2013