This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2019)
Banca Transilvania S.A. (also BT or TLV) is a banking institution with headquarters in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. The bank was founded in 1993 in Cluj-Napoca with a capital of 2 billion RON, of which 79% was Romanian and 21% foreign.
|Type||Societate pe Acțiuni|
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Products||Commercial banking, Investment banking, Private banking, Asset management|
|RON 3.37 billion (2019)|
|RON 1.56 billion (2019)|
|Total assets||RON 86.39 billion (2019)|
|Total equity||RON 8.68 billion (2019)|
Number of employees
Currently, BT is the largest banks in Romania in terms of assets with a market share of over 16%. Its activities are organized into four main business lines: corporate banking, IMM, retail banking and medical division. BT has about 1.76 million customers, 550 locations and over 7,000 employees. Since June 2013, the CEO of BT has been Ömer Tetik.
Banca Transilvania is the first Romanian bank to open a branch in Rome.
- Banca Transilvania consolidated the third place among the largest banks.
- Banca Transilvania is the financial institution which did not experience losses during the crisis. It registered in 2013 increasing financial results from the previous year.
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is the largest BT shareholder (15% of the BT's share capital).
- Banca Transilvania is the first bank in Romania to be listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange in 1997.
- The first bank in Romania to launch the site Social Media Newsroom, a platform which integrates press releases, BT news, and social media.
- Cluj has Soul (www.clujularesuflet.ro) is the biggest social involvement project of BT.
- Horia Ciorcila, BT founder and Chairman of the Council of Administration, is among the largest investors on the Romanian stock exchange.
- BT is on the first place among the most valuable companies controlled by Romanian investors.
- BT, for the first time among Superbrands Romania in 2013.
- BT, in the Social Brands 2013 Top, realized in 2013 by Biz magazine.
- BT, among the most powerful Romanian brands, top realized in 2013 by Biz magazine.
- National premiere: the launch of Western Union money transfer service through Internet banking.
- World premiere: Western Union and Banca Transilvania have launched money transfer service through ATM.
- In 2003, the bank initiated a rebranding program.
Bank net profitEdit
- 2006: 1.2 billion euros
- 2007: 3.8 billion euros
- 2008: 4.2 billion euros
- 2009: 4.6 billion euros
- 2010: 4.8 million euros
- 2011: 5.8 million euros
- 2012: 6.6 million euros
- 2013: 7.1 billion euros
Banca Transilvania's stock value was headed in 2007 toward 2 billion euros, but after drastic corrections on the financial markets, the bank reached a stock value of below 300 million euros in April 2009.
Banca Transilvania registered for Q1 of 2014, a net profit of 103,4 million lei, almost 23 million euros, having a 23% increase since last year's same period.
The BT Financial GroupEdit
The BT Financial Group was formed in 2003, its main component being Banca Transilvania, with which are also included BT Asset Management, BT Direct, BT Leasing, BT Securities, Factoring company, BT Finop Leasing and Medicredit. BT Financial Group will wear BT logo and the center of the power will be Banca Transilvania, which has 100% equity shares or majority positions in subsidiaries.
BT Asset Management (BT AM) has as activity object the management of group activities. BT Asset Management was founded in 2005 and manages BT Maxim and BT Classic funds and the BT Invest 1 closed-end investment funds, which has parts of Romanian companies with high growth potential. In 2007, BT Asset Management was the mutual funds market leader with a share of 15.3%, in 2008 it was on the second place, going down on the 5th position, with a market share of 5.2% and assets of 77.3 million RON.
- "BANCA TRANSILVANIA a devenit cea mai mare bancă din România, după fuziunea cu BANCPOST". www.gandul.info. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Banca Transilvania - Persoane fizice". Banca Transilvania. Archived from the original on 1 May 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Obiectivul principal al lui Tetik, noul CEO al Băncii Transilvania: să ridice cota de piață la peste 10% 15 May 2013, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- "BT Social Media Newsroom". www.bancatransilvania.ro. Archived from the original on 26 February 2014. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Topul celor mai mari bănci 24 February 2014, zf.ro, accessed on 25 February 2014
- Instituția financiară care nu a cunoscut pierderea în criză 13 February 2014, wall-street.ro, accessed on 25 February 2014
- "BT Social Media Newsroom". www.bancatransilvania.ro. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Topul celor mai mari investitori români de pe bursă 4 October 2013, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Topul celor mai valoroase companii controlate de investitori români 4 October 2013, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Superbrandurile românești, apreciate din patriotism 12 September 2013, forbes.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Top Social Brands 28 June 2013, revistabiz.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Branduri campioane în Social Media în 2013 20 June 2013, revistabiz.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Premieră: serviciu de transfer de bani prin Internet Banking 5 April 2012, incomemagazine.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Banca Transilvania lansează transferurile de bani prin ATM 25 November 2010, capital.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Topul celor mai profitabile banci pe anul trecut, 31 March 2008, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Top 10 cele mai profitabile banci pe anul trecut, 19 March 2009, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Rekkers, BT: Am realizat profitul brut asumat in fata actionarilor nostri, 3 February 2010, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Profitul Bancii Transilvania a crescut cu 58% in 2010, 2 February 2011, wall-street.ro, accessed on 21 October 2013
- Cu ce rezultate a lăsat Rekkers Banca Transilvania. Vezi bilanțul băncii, 1 February 2012, wall-street.ro, accessed on 21 October 2013
- Profitul Băncii Transilvania a crescut cu o treime, la 72 mil. euro, 12 February 2013, wall-street.ro, accessed on 21 October 2013
- Rezultatele Banca Transilvania pe 2013: profit de 375 milioane lei, în creștere cu 17%, 13 February 2014, zf.ro, accessed on 25 February 2014
- Compania de Factoring are o cota de piata de 3% ,dupa primele patru luni, 1 February 2007, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Top 10 cele mai mari banci din Romania, 1 July 2009, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
-  Archived 2015-04-27 at the Wayback Machine, 17 December 2009, financiarul.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Banca Transilvania face in T1 profit de 103,4 milioane lei, in crestere cu 23%, 30 April 2014, wall-street.ro, accessed on 29 May 2014
- Banca Transilvania a cumparat 50% din capitalul Companiei de Factoring, 30 October 2009, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- BT Invest 1, un nou fond inchis de investi, 29 November 2005, romanialibera.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Fondurile mutuale pacalesc incertitudinea fiscala, 16 November 2005, wall-street.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Activele nete ale BT Clasic si BT Maxim, 31 January 2006, romanialibera.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- BT Invest aduce pe Bursă o firmă de construcții din Arad, 28 February 2008, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Profit de 6 ori mai mare la BT Asset Management, 10 April 2007, zf.ro, accessed at 7 October 2013
- Planurile BT Asset Management in 2009, 8 July 2009, incomemagazine.ro, accessed on 7 October 2013