Ballot Access News
Ballot Access News is a United States-based monthly online and print newsletter edited and published by Richard Winger of California, an expert on ballot access law in the United States. Published since 1985, the newsletter advocates "fair and equitable ballot access laws."
Ballot Access News reports on state and federal court decisions, compares American ballot access laws to those of other democratic nations, and documents the number of votes independent and minor party candidates receive. The newsletter also records the activities of the Coalition for Free and Open Elections, an interest group of minor party members and others working together on ballot access law reform issues. Further, the newsletter occasionally notes developments on the usage of instant-runoff voting in the United States.
- McDermott, Irene E. (January 1, 2004). "One little, two little, three little candidates: the presidential primaries on the Web". Searcher via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved April 25, 2012.
Ballot Access News: This respected publication—founded in 1985 by Libertarian activist Richard Winger—tracks the attempts of third-party and independent candidates for various offices to secure ballot access in the 50 states. The site also tracks changes in the law, court challenges, and other interesting tidbits of third-party news.....
- Avlon, John P. (December 30, 2011). "How ballot access laws hurt voters". CNN. Retrieved April 25, 2012.
The United States is the only nation in the world, save Switzerland, that does not have uniform federal ballot access laws, according to Ballot Access News....
- Breidenbach, Michelle (September 5, 2002). "Reason to follow in Dad's footsteps". The Post-Standard via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved April 25, 2012.
A new report from Ballot Access News shows the Green Party as the only national political party to gain members in the last two years
- Nash, Phil Tajitsu (January 21, 2004). "Washington Journal; The Primary Season Begins". AsianWeek via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved April 25, 2012.
Ballot Access News is the place where third parties across the political spectrum go to see how others have fared in trying to break the stranglehold of the two currently-dominant American political parties.
- Hayduk, Ronald; Kevin Mattson (2002). Democracy's Moment: Reforming the American Political System for the 21st Century. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 57. ISBN 978-0-7425-1750-9.
|This online magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|