Bajo las riendas del amor, (English: Under the reins of love) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Ignacio Sada for Televisa in association with Fonovideo Productions. It is a remake of the Mexican telenovela Cuando llega el amor produced in 1989. The series stars Adriana Fonseca as Montserrat and Gabriel Soto as Juan José.
|Bajo las riendas del amor|
|Story by||René Muñoz|
|Opening theme||"Junto a ti" performed by Kika Edgar and Efraín Medina|
|Country of origin|
|No. of episodes||150|
|Executive producer||Ignacio Sada|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||March 12 –|
October 5, 2007
|Related||Cuando llega el amor (1989)|
Montserrat Linares and Juan Jose Alvarez will have to overcome adversities and obstacles that get in their way in order to live "Under the Reins of Love". Montserrat was part of the University horse-riding team. She is injured in an accident at a horse-riding competition and uses a wheelchair. Ingrid was disguised as a fairy without knowing her own revenge to destroy Montserrat forever until she is recognized with her disfigured face from the previous domestic accident. Montserrat recognizes Ingrid and she wanted to disfigure her face as her final revenge, but she escapes from her in the barn to go upstairs. Ingrid went hysterical and fell off and got stabbed from the racking fork. Her mother Rosa found out her own daughter dying saying "I am sorry" and she died. Juan and Monserrat are happily together.
- Adriana Fonseca as Montserrat Linares
- Gabriel Soto as Juan José Álvarez
- Adamari López as Ingrid Linares
- Víctor Cámara as Antonio Linares
- Ariel López Padilla as Joaquín Corcuera
- Julieta Rosen as Eloísa Corcuera
- Víctor González as Víctor Corcuera
- Elluz Peraza as Victoria Román
- Alma Delfina as Rosa Nieto
- Héctor Sáez as Don Lupe
- Thauro - ‘’Profesor González’’
- Abraham Ramos as Sebastián Corcuera
- Rossana San Juan as Claudia García
- Eduardo Rodríguez as Enrique Fernández
- Pablo Azar as Daniel Linares
- Géraldine Bazán as Verónica Orozco
- Alberto Salaberry as Checo
- Rolando Tarajano as Gonzalo
- Norma Zúñiga as Amelia
- Alejandro Speitzer as Antonio "Toñito" Linares
- Evelyn Santos as Norma
- Carla Rodríguez as Yolanda Álvarez
- Paloma Márquez as Pili
- Vannya Valencia asJimena
- Melvin Cabrera as Paco
- Jonathan Caballero as Benny
- Elías Campos as El Pelos
- Ximena Herrera as Maripaz García
- Kathy Serrano as Wendy
- Raúl Izaguirre as Professor Urrutia
- Rosina Grosso as Carola
- ^ a b "Sus trabajos más destacados". teleprograma.fotogramas.es (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 7 August 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- ^ "Televisa estrena este lunes la telenovela "Bajo las riendas del amor"". elcolombiano.net (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- ^ a b Giglio, Miriam. "Bajo las riendas del refrito". People en Español (in Spanish). Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- ^ "Pablo Azar". teleprograma.fotogramas.es (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- ^ "Geraldine Bazán se tomará un descanso tras 'Bajo las riendas del amor'" (in Spanish). Terra.com. 26 July 2007. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2015.