Baby Face Harrington
Baby Face Harrington is a 1935 American comedy film directed by Raoul Walsh and written by Nunnally Johnson, Edwin H. Knopf and Charles Lederer. The film stars Charles Butterworth, Una Merkel, Harvey Stephens, Eugene Pallette and Nat Pendleton. The film was released on April 12, 1935, by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
|Baby Face Harrington|
|Directed by||Raoul Walsh|
|Screenplay by||Nunnally Johnson|
Edwin H. Knopf
|Based on||Something to Brag About|
by Edgar Selwyn
|Produced by||Edgar Selwyn|
|Cinematography||Oliver T. Marsh|
|Edited by||William S. Gray|
|Music by||Paul Marquardt|
|Distributed by||Loew's Inc.|
Millicent (Una Merkel) wants her husband Willie (Charles Butterworth) to make a success of himself, the way her old beau Ronald (Harvey Stephens) did. In the belief what she wants most is money, Willie cashes in a life-insurance policy in exchange for $2,000 in cash, which he promptly loses.
When he sees real-estate agent Skinner (Donald Meek) with that much money, not long after having spoken with him, Willie knows who's robbed him. Meanwhile, a professional thief, Rocky Banister (Nat Pendleton), is terrifying everyone in town with his daring robberies, worrying Millicent so much that she keeps a gun nearby.
Borrowing the gun, Willie confronts Skinner and takes the $2,000. When he returns home, Willie discovers that his money has been in his wallet all along. Before he can return it to Skinner and apologize, Rocky breaks in and steals all $4,000.
Willie is accused of being an accomplice of Rocky's and sent to jail. During a breakout, Willie manages to leave a note behind for the police, who catch up just in time to apprehend Rocky and proclaim Willie a hero.
- Charles Butterworth as Willie
- Una Merkel as Millicent
- Harvey Stephens as Ronald
- Eugene Pallette as Uncle Henry
- Nat Pendleton as Rocky
- Ruth Selwyn as Dorothy
- Donald Meek as Skinner
- Dorothy Libaire as Edith
- Edward Nugent as Albert
- Robert Livingston as George
- Stanley Fields as Mullens
- Raymond Brown as McGuire
- Wade Boteler as Glynn
- Bradley Page as Dave
- Richard Carle as Judge Forbes
- G. Pat Collins as Hank
- Claude Gillingwater as Colton
- Moss, Marilyn Ann (2011-05-05). Raoul Walsh: The True Adventures of Hollywood's Legendary Director. ISBN 978-0813139906.
- "Baby Face Harrington". TV Guide. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Baby Face Harrington (1935) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Baby Face Harrington at IMDb
- Baby Face Harrington at AllMovie
- Baby Face Harrington at the TCM Movie Database
- Baby Face Harrington at the American Film Institute Catalog