Andreas Schuller (known by his producer name Axident) is a Norwegian songwriter and music producer based in Los Angeles. He has worked with artists Justin Bieber, Pitbull, Inna, Jason Derulo, Snoop Dogg, Jessie J, Adam Lambert, Timeflies, Jake Miller, Travis Mills, Riff Raff and the Far East Movement. "Wiggle" by Jason Derulo and Snoop Dogg, was co-written and produced by Axident, and is his most successful single to date; reaching #3 on the Billboard Hot 100. Other popular songs which were co-written and co-produced by Axident include: "Fireball" by Pitbull and Company by Justin Bieber.
Axident with a mixing console
|Birth name||Andreas Schuller|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation(s)||Producer, songwriter Co-Founder of Honua Music|
Early life and educationEdit
Axident was born in Drøbak, Norway. He picked up the drums at an early age and discovered programming in his teens. He started a band called Albino Superstars whose first single, Team Disco got some attention. In the mid 2000s he began to focus on the study of music. He attended and graduated from the Paul McCartney Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts.
Axident began recording and producing songs for the Norwegian graduation celebrations, known as Russerfering or bus songs. He began commissioning theme songs for the colorfully decorated touring buses of Norwegian graduates, creating this EDM niche. Axident became the go to producer for who had the best graduation song. Bus songs have become a training ground for many young Norwegian producers since. Andreas took the name Axident because he says that the best moments in music happen by accident and believes that great music comes from letting go of boundaries. Axident moved to the United States in 2010 to pursue his music career. He stayed with a friend in Nashville, Tennessee who had a connection to Ron Moss of Universal Music Group. After providing Moss with a few recordings that he had done, Axident moved to Los Angeles. Axident was signed to Rondor Music/Universal Music Publishing Group in 2010. While recording, he used to keep the door to the studio open so that others could hear the music. One night he was visited in the studio by Tricky Stewart who was recording music for American Idol down the hallway from where Axident was recording. After meeting Stewart, Axident signed a production deal with Trickey Stewart’s RedZone Entertainment and began writing and recording songs for artists such as, Semi Precious Weapons, Wallpaper, and Far East Movement. His song Turn Up the Love, recorded by the Far East Movement, became a top 10 song in 10 different countries. Axident founded Honua Music LLC publishing company in 2011 along with Ron Moss to sign and mentor other writers. Honua Music LLC Publishes James (Gladius (music producer)) Wong under a hybrid deal with Pulse Recordings and Leroy (Big Taste) Clampitt is signed directly to Honua Music. In 2012 Axident moved on from Rondor Music/Universal Music Publishing Group to sign a hybrid deal between Honua Music and Artist Publishing group (APG) where he worked with Mike Caren and his team.
- As Andreas Schuller
- Russ Dekknavn 2014 (EP) (vs. Gladius)
- Russ Konsept 2014 (EP) (with Gladius and Crux)
- Wisteria Lane 2014 (single) (featuring Gladius)
- Sexto Sentido 2015 (single) (featuring StopWaitGo and Klara Elias)
- Konsept 2015 (EP) (with Gladius and Ka No)
- Songwriting and producing credits
|2015||“The View”||Tim McGraw||Writer, Producer|
|2015||“Woohoo”||Eli "Paperboy" Reed||Writer, Producer|
|2015||“You N Me N Everyone We Know”
“Life of the Party”
“Let’s Get Away With It”
|2015||“Lion Heart”||Jake Miller||Writer, Producer|
|2015||“Clap Snap”||Icona Pop||Writer, Producer|
|2015||“Undress Rehearsal”||Timeflies||Writer, Producer||Island Records – Released September 18, 2015|
“Body And The Sun”
|Inna||Writer, Producer||Roton Records – Released November 2015.|
|2015||"Company"||Justin Bieber||Writer, Producer||Company entered the Billboard Hot 100 on December 14, 2015.|
|2015||"Day Trippin' Feat Estelle"||Kaskade||Writer, Producer|
|2015||"We Wanna"||Alexandra Stan & Inna feat. Daddy Yankee||Writer, Producer|
|2015||"Headlights feat Ilsey"||Robin Schulz||Writer|
|2014||"Burnin' Up"||Jessie J||Writer, Producer|
|2014||"Fireball"||Pitbull||Writer, Producer||Most successful co-written single to date, peaking at number 23 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. |
Also reached the top 10 in six other countries while being certified gold in Australia and platinum in Canada.
|2014||"Good Time feat. Pitbull"||Inna||Writer, Producer|
|2014||"Wiggle"||Jason Derulo||Writer||Peaked at #3 on the Australian Charts - “Wiggle” is Axident's most successful single to date reaching #3 on the Billboard Hot 100.|
|2014||"Cola Song"||Inna||Writer, Producer||First U.S. major label release for Inna. Certified Platinum in Spain.|
|2013||"The Illest"||Far East Movement||Writer, Producer||Peaked at #7 on Billboard's Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles|
|2013||"I Choose You"||Timeflies||Writer, Producer||Peaked at #6 on the Hot Dance Club Songs chart.|
|2012||"Turn Up the Love"||Far East Movement||Writer, Producer||Certified 2x Platinum in Australia and Gold in Recorded Music NZ.|
|2011||"Fucking Best Song Everrr"||Wallpaper||Writer, Producer|
|2010||"Aviation High"||Semi Precious Weapons||Writer, Producer||Named "Brink of Fame Song" at the 2008 NewNowNext Awards.|
- Iversen, Ine Therese Back (12 July 2013). "Norwegian Andreas Schuller stock monster in the United States". tv2 Norway (in Norwegian). Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Bergmo, Helen (25 December 2013). "Her er Norges ukjente musikkstjerner". About Norwegian (in Norwegian). Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Reed, Ryan; William Gruger (30 January 2013). "Single Reviews: Youth Lagoon, Gold Fields, ThePiano Guys, Far East Movement, Lady Antebellum". Billboard. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Intervju med plateselskap-aktuelle Ray Kay". Kingsize (in Norwegian). 11 February 2010. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Axident - Producer". Redzone Entertainment. Archived from the original on 29 May 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- www.onyx.pl, Onyx Sp. z o.o., tel. +48 22 3377222. "ZPAV :: Bestsellery i wyróżnienia - Wyróżnienia - Złote płyty CD - Archiwum". bestsellery.zpav.pl. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Jason Derulo Feat. Snoop Dogg - Wiggle". Australian Charts. Archived from the original on 10 May 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Wass, Mike (3 April 2014). "Inna Signs To Atlantic Records, Lines Up "Cola Song" As Her US Major Label Debut Single". Idolator. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "Listas semanales - Listas - Promusicae - Productores de Música de España". www.promusicae.es. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Far East Movement Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2012 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Archived from the original on 20 January 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Kennedy, Gerrick (11 April 2011). "Logo's NewNowNext Awards tap into Europop craze with Robyn, Oh Land performances". LA Times. Retrieved 14 May 2014.