Avril is an international French agro-industrial group, specialising in human nutrition, animal nutrition, renewable chemistry, and renewable energy. The group was founded in 1983, by producers of oilseeds and protein crops, to assure market growth. Avril's primary purpose is the economic development of oilseed products – rapeseed, sunflower, soybean – and protein products – peas, field beans, lupin. In 2014, Avril processed half of the rapeseed and sunflower grains collected in France.
|Limited partnership with share capital|
|Europe, Africa, Asia|
|Jean-Philippe Puig, Manager|
|Products||Human and animal nutrition, renewable chemistry and energy|
|Brands||Lesieur, Puget, Diester, Matines (France), Bunica (Romania), Taous, El Kef (Morocco)|
|Revenue||6.2 billion euros |
|Owner||Interprofessional Development Fund for the Oilseeds and Proteins (FIDOP) |
French Federation of Oilseed and Protein Crop Producers (FOP)
Number of employees
Formerly known as Sofiproteol, the group adopted the name of Avril in 2015, as a result of a new structure of its governance and its legal framework. As a limited partnership with share capital (société en commandite par actions), this operation was intended to ensure the group's independence and to have the agricultural sector represented as the focal point of its growth strategy. Thus, Avril enables a distinction between industrial and financial activities. The financial activities are clustered around Sofiprotéol
Avril operates on a model of integrated sectors, which is unique in the French and European agro-industrial business world. The group systematically reinvests profits within agricultural sectors. Its goal is to ensure a fair distribution of added value for the entire chain, from producers to consumers.
Avril has a presence in 21 countries and employs 7,600 employees. In 2017, its turnover amounted to 6.2 billion euros.
1962 -1983: From Plan proteins to CNTA, the genesis of SofiprotéolEdit
In 1962, the Dillon Round world trade negotiations led to a massive influx of US soybeans, exempt from European customs. Soy, rich in protein, is needed as livestock feed. In June 1973, following an exceptional drought, the US government decreed an embargo on the export of seeds and oilcake. This caused prices to soar, reflecting an interdependence of French and European farmers.
In 1974, a Protein Plan is launched in France under the leadership of a young farmer and unionist, Jean-Claude Sabin, backed by the public authorities. The aim of the plan was to increase the production of oilseed rape, sunflower, peas, flax and field beans through creating a chain of French vegetable oil and protein. Two interprofessional organizations emerged : the National Interbranch Union of Protein-rich plants (UNIP) in 1976 and the National Interbranch Organisation of Oilseed and Oil fruits (ONIDOL) in 1978. These organizations merged in 2015, giving birth to Terres Univia.
In the 1970s, the National Syndicate of Agricultural Techniques (CNTA), a key player of the Protein Plan, became the industrial tool of the French oilseed sector. Its bankruptcy in 1983 undermined the sector most tied to production. To refloat, the interprofessional organizations decided to create a financial fund: Sofiprotéol.
1983: Birth of SofiprotéolEdit
The new company has been considered as a financial player in the French sector of vegetable oils and proteins. Its shareholders have included many agricultural stakeholders: UNIP, ONIDOL, and the French Federation of Oilseed Producers (FOP), bringing together nearly 100,000 producers.
Sofiprotéol had five employees in 1983. It was chaired by Jean-Claude Sabin, with general management entrusted to Philippe Tillous-Borde, an agricultural engineer specialized in industrial investments. Together, they ran the company for nearly 20 years.
From the beginning, the objectives of Sofiprotéol were to financially secure production for the various players in the sector and to ensure an industrial outlet for oilseeds and protein crops. It first played the role of a financial institution as development bank in the sector ·  · . Then, in the following years, the company took over assets in the field of crushing seeds, seeds, and packaging of edible oils. This was the beginning of extending the agricultural sector with the construction of an industrial chain, from farmers, to seed storage agencies and seed producers.
1987 – 1993: Development of a French biofuel sectorEdit
In search of French rapeseed markets, ONIDOL with the French Institute of Petroleum (IFP) launched the first studies establishing a biofuel based on methyl rapeseed esters in 1987. After three years of experimentation, Diester® was launched in 1990.
From 1991 to 1995, the EU allocated FF300 million to support innovative projects in non-food applications of farming products, including biofuels. In 1992, France authorized the incorporation of biofuels in diesel up to 5% and to 30% for company vehicles. Sofiprotéol developed industrial activity through involvement in the management of biodiesel production facilities. This was the beginning of the biodiesel industry, marked by the construction of the first plant in Compiègne in 1988.
1993 – 2006: Strengthening co-products strategyEdit
In 1993, Sofiprotéol opened a large rapeseed and sunflower seed crushing factory in Grand-Couronne, near Rouen. With a capacity of 360,000 tons, the site supplied a new factory dedicated to the production of biodiesel in 1995. During this period, Sofiprotéol augmented and extended its sector strategy by developing its work in oleochemistry, biotechnologies, animal feed, and nutrition.
In 1996, Sofiprotéol created Novance in partnership with Rhône-Poulenc Chimie. Novance produced products derived from vegetable oils for non-food applications, such as glycerin. In 1998, the Group took stake in Glon Sanders, a leader in the French animal feed sector and a major outlet for oilseed · . Glon was fully acquired in 2012. With the 2003 acquisition of Lesieur and Puget in 2004, the group became the primary manufacturer of edible oils in France. Between 2007 and 2008, six new units tripled the production of biodiesel, thanks to the Biofuel Plan launched by French public authorities.
2007 – 2015: Restructuring and internationalizationEdit
The 2000s were marked by a Sofiprotéol surge. The group changed the development of its businesses. In 2007, Sofiprotéol created two major business divisions: Oilseeds, responsible for enhancing vegetable oils, and Animal Products, developing the group's activities in the field of nutrition and livestock production with related expertise : biosafety, nutritional specialties, etc...
The group has strengthened its international position. With the 2008 acquisition of the Belgian company Oleon, the group has been the European leader in oleochemistry. With the 2010 acquisition of Expur in Romania, the Group gained a firm foothold in the oilseed production basin of Eastern Europe and the Black Sea. In 2011, Lesieur Cristal was acquired, Morocco's leader in not only oils and seeds, but also soaps. Through the Green Morocco Plan, Sofiprotéol supported a strategy to develop Moroccan industries based on rapeseed, sunflower, and olive oil.
In 2012, Jean-Philippe Puig succeeded Philippe Tillous-Borde as head of group. In 2015, the group adopted new governance and a new identity. Industrial activities were assigned to the limited partnership with share capital (SCA), Avril. Sofiprotéol remains as an investment company under the control of Avril Group.
In 2014, the Oilseeds Division of Avril Group generated a turnover of 4.58 billion euros.
Avril Group is the largest producer of table oils in France (Lesieur, Puget, Fruit d'Or, Soléou, Guénard), Morocco (Lesieur Cristal) and Romania (Bunica). By contributing to 1.2 million tons of oil in 2014, Avril participated in the daily supply of 81 million individuals. The group also manufactures oil and vegetable based sauces and condiments.
Avril produces under the brand Diester, a fifth of 11 million tons of biodiesel consumed annually by the European Union. It is the leading European producer of biodiesel. Diester is incorporated at a rate of 8% in the fuel used by all French diesel vehicles. Diester is a first-generation biofuel, made from rapeseed and sunflower vegetable oil.
Avril invests in research to develop second-generation biofuels. The target being to market biofuels from the inedible parts of plants and agricultural waste (lignin, cellulose) in order to produce food and energy. In 2013, The group launched a production of biodiesel based on animal fats and waste oils. The group participates in BioTfueL, a program that develops biodiesel and biokerosene from forestry waste (straw, wood, etc.). Avril also initiated Institute PIVERT, in Picardy. Institute PIVERT is the first European center developing plant chemistry based on oilseed biomass, collaborating with hundreds of researchers.
Oleochemicals and renewable chemistryEdit
Through the 1996 creation of Novance and the 2008 acquisition of Oleon, Avril has dominated the European market of oleochemistry. Oleochemistry is a branch of "plant chemistry" developing chemical molecules, commonly referred to as bio-based molecules. Avril manufactures and markets a range of bio-based molecules from vegetable oils (rapeseed, sunflower, palm, soy, coconut). Among other molecules, Avril produces glycerol, a biodiesel byproduct. Glycerol is a non-toxic liquid, with a sweet taste, that is used in many pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and food products.
Through Lesieur Cristal, Avril produces soaps in Morocco, marketed under the brands Taous and El Kef.
Animal Products DivisionEdit
In 2014, the Animal Products Division of Avril Group generated a turnover of 1.82 billion euros.
Animal nutrition and productionEdit
Through Sanders, Adonial, and others companies, Avril produces and sells rapeseed and sunflower press cakes. Extracted from oilseeds, these solid residues are rich in protein. Crushed and mixed with other ingredients (protein, grains, vitamins, etc.), they are intended to feed farm animals such as pigs, cattle, poultry, and rabbits. One hundred million chickens are fed annually by Avril. European rapeseed and sunflower press cakes are a substitute for American soybean press cakes.
Biosafety and nutritional specialtiesEdit
Biosecurity covers all preventive hygiene methods to minimize the infection and spread of diseases in livestock. In 2014, the group created Mixscience and Theseo, both having developed a reputation in France and abroad, around products and services for the hygiene of animal shelters, breeding material and treatment of water, air and surfaces.
Processing and distribution of food productsEdit
Investor Profession: SofiprotéolEdit
Sofiprotéol assists with loans and equity investments for over a hundred companies, representing approximately 80,000 employees in the agro-industry and in related sectors such as dairy processing. Sofiprotéol is committed to its partners on a permanent basis. The company strengthens the equity of companies, supporting them in their strategic decisions and modernization.
Following restructuring ratified in 2015, the shareholders of Sofiprotéol – Crédit Agricole, Natixis, Unigrains – became more involved. With a capital base from 70 to 330 million euros, Sofiprotéol intends to expand its scope of action to new sectors of agro-industry.
Sofiprotéol is committed in the following activities:
- Collection processing of agricultural products
- Upsteam plant production
- Upsteam animal production
- Investment funds
- Food products and consumer goods
- Sofiproteol dette privée (debt fund)
- Sustainable innovation, other
The historical shareholders of the group are:
- Interprofessional Development Fund for the Oilseeds and Proteins (FIDOP)
- French Federation of Oilseed and Protein Crop Producers (FOP)
With the restructuring, a new player entered into the group's capital in 2014: Fondation Avril.
Group organization in AvrilEdit
Avril Group is a limited partnership with share capital (SCA) comprising two categories of partners:
- Limited partners, who represent the shareholders, exercise control through the Supervisory Board.
- The General Partner, who acts as manager of the Group through Avril Gestion. The Board of Avril Gestion appoints the manager of the SCA. The manager is supported by an executive committee.
By adopting the status of a limited partnership with share capital (SCA), historical shareholders of Sofiprotéol, the oilseed producers intend to remain at the heart of the project led by Avril.
The Supervisory Board is composed of eight members, six of which represent FIDOP, FOP, and Fondation Avril. Within this council also sit two elected staff members of the group. The Supervisory Board is currently chaired by Jacques Siret, President of Terre Univia.
The Management Board of Avril Gestion has nine members:
- Arnaud Rousseau, Chairman of Avril Gestion, Chairman of the FOP
- Sébastien Windsor : Vice-Chairman of the FOP, Chairman of Terres Innovia
- Alain Renoux, Vice-President of the FOP
- Benjamin Lammert, Member of the Board of the FOP
- Jean-Pierre Denis, Chairman of Crédit Mutuel and Crédit mutuel de Bretagne
- Anne Lauvergeon, CEO of ALP Services and Chair of Sigfox
- Pierre Pringuet, Deputy Chairman of Pernod Ricard
- Sylvie Rucar, consultant
- Alain Mirot, former manager of the SIA (Société Interoléagineuse d'Assistance et de développement)
The executive committee consists of 9 other members:
- Michel Boucly, Deputy Director General, in charge of Sustainable Commitment, Innovation and Strategy; Deputy CEO of Sofiprotéol
- Olivier Delaméa, General manager of the Oilseeds Processing Business Line and Oils & Condiments Business Line
- Paul Joël Derian, Vice President for Innovation, Research & Sustainable Development
- Marie Grimaldi, General Manager of the Animal Nutrition & Processing Business Line
- Gabriel Krapf, Director of Development and Industrial Performance
- Aymeric Mongeaud, Director of Administrative and Financial Affairs ; Deputy CEO Sofiprotéol
- Moussa Naciri, General manager of the Avril Specialties Business Line
- Stéphane Yrles, Director of Public Affairs and Institutional Relations
- Marie de La Roche Kerandraon, Vice President for Human Resources and Communications
- to contribute to preserving a high-quality environment in different territories and ensuring collective development of rural communities ;
- to aid developing regions of the world, notably in Africa, in working to protect biodiversity and anticipating the impact of climate change on agricultural productions ;
- to promote a healthy and sustainable diet through high quality products that are environmentally friendly and accessible to all.
The foundation is chaired by Philippe Tillous-Borde, co-founder of the Group in 1983. Appointed July 2015, Philippe Leroux is the director. Former director of the French Development Agency (AFD), Jean-Michel Severino is treasurer.
- Avril, « Le Groupe Sofiprotéol évolue et devient le Groupe Avril : Nouvelle gouvernance, nouvelle organisation, nouvelle identité et accélération de la stratégie de croissance » (in French) In Communiqué de presse, Paris, Avril, 7 January 2015, p.1
- Avril, Home Page
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 42) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- (Landrieu 2015)
- (Cougard : Sofiprotéol se rebaptise Avril et change de gouvernance 2015) harv error: no target: CITEREFCougard_:_Sofiprotéol_se_rebaptise_Avril_et_change_de_gouvernance2015 (help)
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 2) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- Avril, Page d'accueil, consultée le 7 février 2019
- (Schneider & Huyghe 2015, p. 360) harv error: no target: CITEREFSchneider_&_Huyghe2015 (help)
- (Schneider & Huyghe 2015, p. 361) harv error: no target: CITEREFSchneider_&_Huyghe2015 (help)
- (CNCA 1975, p. 81) harv error: no target: CITEREFCNCA1975 (help)
- (Vincent 2002)
- (I.E. 2015) harv error: no target: CITEREFI.E.2015 (help)
- (Azouvi 1984, p. 27)
- (Duboelle 2014)
- "" 11 May 1983: Creation of Sofiprotéol " In History : 1973 – 1983". http://www.groupeavril.com, consulted 18 September 2015. Archived from the original on 22 October 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- (Delanglade 2013)
- (Ballerini 2006, p. 44)
- (Boucly 2014)
- (Boemare 2001, p. 236)
- (Le Douarin 2014)
- (Jamet 1993, p. 140)
- (Perthuis 1993, p. 182) harv error: no target: CITEREFPerthuis1993 (help)
- "" Launch of the Diester brand " In History : 1983 – 1993". http://www.groupeavril.com, consulted 18 September 2015. Archived from the original on 22 October 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- (Mathieu 1998, p. 35)
- "" Reform of the CAP (Common Agricultural Policy) " In History : 1983 – 1993". http://www.groupeavril.com, consulted 21 September 2015. Archived from the original on 22 October 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- (L'Usine nouvelle n°2553 1996) harv error: no target: CITEREFL'Usine_nouvelle_n°25531996 (help)
- (Guerny 2007) harv error: no target: CITEREFGuerny2007 (help)
- (La France Agricole 2007) harv error: no target: CITEREFLa_France_Agricole2007 (help)
- (La France Agricole n°2963 2002) harv error: no target: CITEREFLa_France_Agricole_n°29632002 (help)
- (Moal 2004)
- "" Lesieur: a key name in oil » In History : 1993 – 2006". http://www.groupeavril.com, consulted 20 September 2015. Archived from the original on 22 October 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- (OESTV 2006, p. 22) harv error: no target: CITEREFOESTV2006 (help)
- "" The creation of two major divisions of activities " In History : 2006 – 2015". http://www.groupeavril.com, consulted 21 September 2015. Archived from the original on 22 October 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- (La France Agricole 2008) harv error: no target: CITEREFLa_France_Agricole2008 (help)
- "" Conquering the Romanian market " In History : 2006 – 2015". http://www.groupeavril.com, consulted 21 September 2015. Archived from the original on 22 October 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- (Cougard 2015) harv error: multiple targets (2×): CITEREFCougard2015 (help)
- (Cahuzac 2015)
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 58) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 29) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 36) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- (EurObserv'ER 2014, p. 4)
- (Monnier 2014)
- (Roussange 2014)
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 41) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- (Entrepreneur Vert 2010) harv error: no target: CITEREFEntrepreneur_Vert2010 (help)
- (MEDDE 2011) harv error: no target: CITEREFMEDDE2011 (help)
- (Garnier 2012)
- "" Partner livestock farmers " In Animal product division". http://www.groupeavril.com, consulted 21 September 2015.
- (Vergonjeanne 2014)
- (Cougard 2014)
- (Cougard 2005)
- (Les Echos 2010) harv error: no target: CITEREFLes_Echos2010 (help)
- (Ouest-France Entreprises 2015) harv error: no target: CITEREFOuest-France_Entreprises2015 (help)
- (Laurent 2015)
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 13) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 53) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 9) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- (Avril Group : Activity Report 2014, p. 11) harv error: no target: CITEREFAvril_Group_:_Activity_Report2014 (help)
- (Lentschner & La Chesnais 2015) harv error: no target: CITEREFLentschnerLa_Chesnais2015 (help)
- (Le Bourdonnec & Tillous-Borde 2015, p. 147)
- (Monteil 2015)
- (Le Syndicat Agricole 2015) harv error: no target: CITEREFLe_Syndicat_Agricole2015 (help)
- (Delfortrie & Plagnol 2015)
- Centre national de la cooperation agricole (CNCA), ed. (1975), Cooperation agricole (in French), 21, Paris: Société auxiliaire pour la distribution des éditions de productivité, p. 220
- Azouvi, Alain, ed. (1984), Les industries agricoles et alimentaires en 1983 (in French), Paris: INSEE, p. 112
- de Perthuis, Christian, ed. (1993), Agriculture 2000 : le livre blanc, les stratégies agricoles face à la nouvelle PAC. Un enjeu majeur pour la France : l'adaptation de la filière grains (in French), Paris: Economica, p. 192, ISBN 9782717824759
- Jamet, Jean-Claude, ed. (1993), Le Diester, les enjeux du diesel vert : un avenir pour l'agriculture (in French), Paris: Edition de l'environnement, p. 365, ISBN 9782908620092
- Ballerini, Daniel, ed. (2006), Les biocarburants : état des locationx, perspectives et enjeux du développement (in French), Paris: Éditions Technip, p. 352, ISBN 9782710808695
- Observatoire économique, social et territorial de la Vendée (OESTV), ed. (2006), Réflexions sur la valorisation non-alimentaire de la biomasse (in French), La-Roche-sur-Yon: OESTV, p. 54
- EurObserv'ER, ed. (2014), Biofuel barometer (PDF), p. 7 (consulted 20 September 2015)
- Schneider, Anne; Huygue, Christian, eds. (2015), Les légumineuses pour des systèmes agricoles et alimentaires durables (in French), Versailles: Éditions Quæ, p. 512, ISBN 978-2-7592-2334-3
- Le Bourdonnec, Yannick; Tillous-Borde, Philippe, eds. (2015), Un homme d'entreprise visionnaire : 40 ans au service d'une ambition agricole pour la France (in French), Paris: Éditions Eyrolles, p. 180, ISBN 978-2-212-56174-6
La France Agricole
- "Sofiprotéol et Cereol concluent un accord financier sur Lesieur". La France Agricole (in French) (2963). 2002. (consulted 18 September 2015)
- "Alimentation animale : Sofiproteol reprend Glon". La France Agricole (in French). 2007. (consulted 18 September 2015)
- "Diester Industrie acquiert le belge Oleon". La France Agricole (in French). 2008. (consulted 21 September 2015)
- E., I. (2015). "La filière se structure autour de Terres Univia et Terres Inovia". La France Agricole (in French). Archived from the original on 17 September 2015. (consulted 17 September 2015)
- Cougard, Marie-Josée (2005). "Glon et Coopagri s'allient dans les ovoproduits". Les Echos (in French). (consulted 21 September 2015)
- "Bretagne : le Groupe Glon acquiert Porcgros". Les Echos (in French). 2010. (consulted 21 September 2015)
- du Guerny, Stanislas (2011). "Le Groupe Glon s'empare de Sopral". Les Echos (in French). (consulted 21 September 2015)
- Delanglade, Sabine (2013). "Sofiprotéol, l'essence du succès". Les Echos (in French). (consulted 18 September 2015)
- Roussange, Guillaume (2014). "L'institut Pivert va activer la chimie végétale française". Les Echos (in French). (consulted 21 September 2015)
- Cougard, Marie-Josée (2014). "Avec Matines, le groupe Sofiprotéol veut réveiller le marché de l'oeuf". Les Echos (in French). (consulted 21 September 2015)
- Cougard, Marie-Josée (2015). "Avril crée une filière huile au Maroc avec Lesieur Cristal". Les Echos (in French). (consulted 21 September 2015)
- Cougard, Marie-Josée (2015). "Sofiprotéol se rebaptise Avril et change de gouvernance". Les Echos (in French). (consulted 22 October 2015)
- Landrieu, Valérie (2015). "La mutation juridique de Sofiprotéol". Les Echos (in French). (consulted 21 October 2015)
- "Chimie : Partenariat dans la lipochimie". L'Usine nouvelle (in French) (2553). 1996. (consulted 18 September 2015)
- Moal, Catherine (2004). "Lesieur rachète l'huile d'olive Puget". L'Usine nouvelle (in French). (consulted 18 September 2015)
- du Guerny, Stanislas (2007). "Sofiprotéol prend le contrôle de Glon". L'Usine nouvelle (in French). (consulted 18 September 2015)
- Cahuzac, Adrien (2015). "Sofiprotéol adopte Avril comme nouveau nom". L'Usine nouvelle (in French). (consulted 20 September 2015)
- Vincent, Marie-Hombeline (2002). "Oléagineux et protéagineux – Soja : le seul et même concurrent". Réussir Grandes Cultures (in French) (148). (consulted 17 September 2015)
- "Chimie verte". Entrepreneur Vert (in French). 2010. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 24 June 2020. (consulted 21 September 2015)
- Ministère de l'Ecologie, du Développement durable et de l'Energie (MEDDE) (2011). "Les EMAG : esters méthyliques d'acide gras". La filière biocarburant gazole (in French). (consulted 21 September 2015)
- Garnier, Juliette (2012). "Sofiprotéol, ce conglomérat qui veille sur l'avenir de Doux". La Tribune (in French). (consulted 21 September 2015)
- Le Douarin, Pascal (2014). "Le groupe Sofiprotéol mise sur le développement international". Réussir Aviculture (in French). Archived from the original on 8 January 2015. Retrieved 25 November 2015. (consulted 18 September 2015)
- Duboelle, Philippe (2014). "Sofiproteol souffle ses 30 bougies". Horizons Nord-Pas de Calais (in French). Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2015. (consulted 17 September 2015)
- Monnier, L. (2014). "Biocarburants : Total lancera à l'automne le chantier BioTfuel à Dunkerque". Agri44 (in French). Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2015. (consulted 21 September 2015)
- Vergonjeanne, Robin (2014). "Sofiprotéol : deux nouvelles sociétés pour renforcer son pôle animal". Terre-Net (in French). (consulted 21 September 2015)
- "Jean-Baptiste Bachelerie". Ouest-France Entreprises (in French). 2015. (consulted 22 October 2015)
- Laurent, Samuel (2015). "Que reprochent ses détracteurs à Xavier Beulin, patron de la FNSEA ?". Le Monde (in French). (consulted 22 October 2015)
- "Philippe Leroux, directeur de la Fondation Avril". Le Syndicat Agricole (in French). 2015. (consulted 22 October 2015)
- Lentschner, Keren; de La Chesnais, Eric (2015). "Avril, un géant de l'huile au cœur de l'agroalimentaire français". Le Figaro (in French). Lentschner La Chesnais2015., (consulted 11 January 2016)
- Monteil, Michel (2015). "Philippe Tillous-Borde, plus de 30 ans au service de l'agro-industrie". Sud Ouest (in French). Monteil2015., (consulted 11 January 2016)
- Delfortrie, Perrine; Plagnol, Hervé (2015). "La Fondation Avril annonce ses objectifs". Agra Presse Hebdo (in French). Delfortrie Plagnol2015., (consulted 11 January 2016)
- Boemare, Catherine, ed. (2001), Quel système de régulation des activités polluantes ? Le cas des sources mobiles de pollution atmosphérique (in French), Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, p. 366
- Mathieu, Alain, ed. (1998), L'interface entre secteur agricole et secteur petrolier: Quelques questions au sujet des biocarburants (in French), Université de Montpellier I, p. 38
- Avril Group, ed. (2015), A new springtime for the oils and proteins sectors : Activity Report 2014 (PDF), Paris: Avril, p. 65
- Boucly, Michel (2014). "Sofiprotéol répartit la valeur ajoutée au sein de la filière des oléagineux et des protéagineux". BipiZ (in French). (consulted 18 September 2015)