This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Autotelic is a Filipino indie-alternative rock band in Manila, Philippines. Formed in 2012, the band consists of Josh Villena (guitars and vocals), Kai Honasan (keyboards and vocals), Neil Tin (guitars), EJ Edralin (synth), Timothy “Pabs” Vargas (bass guitars), and Gep Macadaeg (drums). The band is currently signed with independent record label Nemesis Music Group, and major record label MCA Music.
Timothy “Pabs” Vargas
|Past members||Eric Tubon|
Autotelic started when Neil Tin, the band’s guitarist, spoke to Josh Villena. Villena is the band’s composer, lead vocalist, and guitarist. The band, which then consisted of Villena, Tin, Pabs Villegas (bassist), and Gep Macadaeg (drummer), who first met at a fast-food court. That is where they started to make music on a synthesis of Japanese and alternative rock and dance music.
Eventually, Eric Tubon, the keyboardist joined the band. He is also with the progressive rock band Fuseboxx. Then later, singer-songwriter Kai Honasan replaced Tubon as their keyboard player, while EJ Edralin later joined the band playing synths. The first song on which they worked with Honasan is the album’s first single, “Dahilan".
Coke Studio PH CollaborationsEdit
Autotelic collaborated with Sugarfree's former lead vocalist Ebe Dancel for Coke Studio PH. The band played Sugarfree's "Bawat Daan" while Ebe Dancel played Autotelic's "Dahilan". They ended the episode with their collaborated song "Bahagi".
- Papunta Pabalik (2016)
- Autotelic (2014)
- Takipsilim (2018)
- Fresh Filter: Volume 1 (2015)
- "Close Your Eyes" (2015)
- "Gising" (2016)
- "Laro" (2016)
- "Languyin" (2017)
- "Bahagi" (with Ebe Dancel) (Coke Studio Philippines, 2017)
- "Takipsilim" (2018)
- "Ikaw" (2020)
- "Bago" (2020)
|2017||30th Awit Award||Record of the Year||Laro||Nominated|
|Best Performance by a New Group Recording Artist||Laro||Won|
|Best Rock/Alternative Recording||Gising||Nominated|
|Best Performance by a Group Recording Artist||Gising||Nominated|
- Aguila, Ren (4 October 2016). "We are Autotelic: A two-year-old band releases a new record".
- "Autotelic: Bridging the musical gap between indie and mainstream". Philippine Daily Inquirer. September 16, 2016. Retrieved March 2, 2020.
- "Ebe Dancel X Autotelic Join Forces for Coke Studio PH". UDOU BY AFTERPARTY. 2017-09-04. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- Mark Bonifacio (September 30, 2016). "Indie-turned-pop rock band releases major label album". The Manila Times. Retrieved October 2, 2016.
- "Awit Awards 2017 nominees revealed!". One Music PH. Retrieved 2017-08-17.