Engren celebrating a victory
19 February 1988|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)|
HC Lev Praha
Atlant Moscow Oblast
HC Spartak Moscow
204th overall, 2007|
After spending his whole career in his hometown team Lukko, Engren signed a contract with TPS Turku in 2008. Engren is a hybrid butterfly goalie by style. Engren was drafted as 204th overall by the Nashville Predators in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and signed a two-year entry-level contract with the organization on 28 May 2010 after winning the 2010 Finnish championship with TPS. While in North America, he did not see any playing time in the NHL, but made 27 appearances for Nashville's AHL affiliate Milwaukee Admirals in the 2010–11 and 2011–12 season. He returned to TPS for the 2012–13 campaign and on 8 May 2013, Engren signed with HC Lev Praha of the KHL.
On 2 July 2014, Engren left Lev Praha, after it declared bankruptcy and folded, as a free agent to sign with fellow KHL club, Atlant Moscow Oblast where he spent the 2014–15 season. He then played for fellow KHL side HC Spartak Moscow in 2015–16 before moving to Sweden: He signed with Leksands IF of the Swedish Hockey League (SHL) in June 2016.
Engren played on the Finland team in the 2015 IIHF Ice Hockey Championship.
- "Preds sign Finnish Goaltender Atte Engren". Nashville Predators. 28 May 2010. Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- "Milwaukee Admirals". www.milwaukeeadmirals.com. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League". theahl.com. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- "Atte Engren: The MS in Prague". HC Lev Praha. 8 May 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Nemen, Vrana and Engren move to Atlant". HC Lev Praha. 2 July 2014. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Finsk målvakt till Leksands IF". Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Eurohockey.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Finnish ice hockey goaltender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|