This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Asim Hussain, SI, HI (born 28 November 1953) is active in the fields of health, education, and Pakistani politics. He is chairman of Ziauddin Group of Hospitals in Karachi, and former Advisor of Prime Minister for Ministry of Oil and Natural Resources, Pakistan. He serves as the Chairman of Higher Commission of Sindh and Chairman of Petroleum Institute of Pakistan.
Asim Hussain addressing public gathering
|Education||Karachi Grammar School|
Cadet College Petaro
|Alma mater||Dow Medical College|
|Organization||Dr. Ziauddin Group of Hospitals|
|Home town||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Years of service||1990–1995|
Hussain received his early education from the Karachi Grammar School and later enrolled in the Cadet College, Petaro. After serving a brief period in the Pakistan Army, Hussain retired as a Lieutenant and chose to pursue the degree of MBBS. He graduated from Dow Medical College (now, Dow University of Health Sciences) Karachi in 1978 and went to Europe for further studies. He is a member of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPS). in 1981 and continued his studies in Vienna, Austria. After returning to Pakistan, he entered politics.
Early Professional CareerEdit
He is the Chairman of the Dr. Ziauddin Group of Hospitals. In 1995, Hussain established the Ziauddin University, a chartered institution of the Provincial Assembly of Sindh and accredited by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
- Honorary Personal Physician to the President of Pakistan, since December 12, 2009
- Advisor/Federal Minister Petroleum & Natural Resource from May, 2011 until May, 2013
- Advisor to the Prime Minister for Petroleum & Natural Resources/Federal Minister from November, 2008 until August, 2009
- Chairman, National Reconstruction Bureau with the status of Federal Minister from May, 2008 until November, 2009
- "Dr. Asim Hussain". Pakistan Herald.
- "Zardari takes notice of health ministry dispute". www.pakistantoday.com.pk.
- Hussain, Dr. Asim. "Nishan i imtiaz". www.thenews.com.pk. The News. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- Hussain, Dr. Asim. "Hilal i Imtiaz". Brecorder.com.pk. Business Recorder. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- Ali, Imtiaz (26 August 2015). "Dr Asim Hussain reportedly detained by security personnel in Karachi".
- Siddiqui, Kazi Zulkader. "Asim Hussain, 695/Ayub". Petaro.
- "TAG ARCHIVES: DR ASIM HUSSAIN". Pakistan Today.