Asian Open Figure Skating Classic
The Asian Open Figure Skating Classic was a figure skating competition planned to be inaugurated on October 2019 in Taipei City, Taiwan. The competition was categorized as an ISU Challenger Series event.
On July 22, 2019, the International Skating Union revoked the Chinese Taipei Skating Union's right to hold the competition. The event was replaced with the Hong Kong Skating Union's Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy, originally scheduled to be held in August in Dongguan, China. The Challenger Series event would have awarded medals. in the disciplines of men's singles, ladies' singles, and ice dance
The Sports Administration of the Republic of China ordered the removal of Chinese Taipei Skating Union Secretary-General Eddy Wu for mishandling the process. The Sports Administration also suspended funding of the Chinese Taipei Skating Union for one year.
- "ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating and ISU Challenger Series announced". International Skating Union. March 27, 2019.
- "Challenger Series Announcment". International Skating Union. July 22, 2019. Archived from the original on July 24, 2019.
- Chen, Chih-Chung; Yeh, Joseph (July 24, 2019). "Taiwan to appeal after ISU revokes right to host international event". Focus Taiwan. Central News Agency (Taiwan).
- Lung, Po-an; Hsu, Elizabeth (August 2, 2019). "Sports authorities order removal of skating association official". Focus Taiwan. Central News Agency (Taiwan).
- DeAeth, Duncan (August 4, 2019). "Chinese-Taipei Skating Union chief fired for giving up Taiwan's right to host event". Taiwan News.