|Arp Independent School District|
101 Toney Dr.USA
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $369,413,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.023 per $100 of appraised valuation.
Academic achievement Edit
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Unacceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in four schools.
- Regular instructional
- Arp High School (Grades 9-12)
- Arp Junior High (Grades 6-8)
- Arp Elementary School (Headstart & Grades PK-5)
- JJAEP instructional
- Smith County JJAEP (Grades 6-12)
Special programs Edit
Arp High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Arp High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division II.
Notable people Edit
The late Everett Doerge, a Louisiana state representative from Webster Parish from 1992 to 1998, began his teaching career in Arp about 1960. So did his wife and legislative successor, Jean M. Doerge of Minden, Louisiana.
See also Edit
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 February 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Arp High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.