Army Medical Services
The Army Medical Services (AMS) is the organisation responsible for administering the corps that deliver medical, veterinary, dental and nursing services in the British Army. It is headquartered in Camberley, near the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
- Royal Army Medical Corps
- Royal Army Veterinary Corps
- Royal Army Dental Corps
- Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps
AMS contributes to the conservation of fighting strength and morale of the Army and advises commanders on matters of health and disease.
Administration and leadershipEdit
The Army Medical Services are administered by Headquarters Army Medical Directorate at Andover under the command of the Director General Army Medical Services (DGAMS), formerly Major General Jeremy Rowan.
That post has been dis-established.
- "Army Medical Services". British Army. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- "Combat Service Support". Armed Forces. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "202 Field Hospital". Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Information on the de-establishment of Director Army Medical Services" (PDF). British Ministry of Defence. UK MOD. 25 January 2018. Retrieved 9 April 2019.