Arline Hunter (born December 16, 1931) is an American actress and model. She is perhaps best known as Playboy's Playmate of the Month for August 1954. Her centerfold was the first not to be purchased from the John Baumgarth Co. by Hugh Hefner, and was instead photographed by Ed DeLong, who went on to become one of the more prolific Playboy photographers in the 1960s.
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Neva Gilbert|
|Succeeded by||Jackie Rainbow|
|Born||December 16, 1931|
Caldwell, Idaho, U.S.
|Measurements||Bust: 38 in (97 cm)|
Waist: 24 in (61 cm)
Hips: 35 in (89 cm)
|Height||5 ft 6 in (168 cm)|
|Weight||118 lb (54 kg)|
Much of Hunter's fame was built upon her resemblance to Marilyn Monroe; indeed, her Playboy pose was obviously inspired by Monroe's notorious 1949 nude photo session with Tom Kelley from which her own Playboy photo came. The similarity in look between Hunter and Monroe also came into play when a nude Hunter starred in a stag film called, The Apple-Knockers and the Coke. For many years there have been those who have seen the film and have mistaken Hunter for Monroe.
Hunter went on to have a film career that consisted mostly of sexy parts in B-movies such as White Lightnin' Road and The Art of Burlesque. She also appeared alongside the Three Stooges in 1957's Outer Space Jitters. Perhaps one of her biggest film roles was with fellow bombshell Mamie Van Doren in Sex Kittens Go to College. She also had guest roles in prominent television series such as Perry Mason and My Three Sons, and appeared in a 1962 episode of Straightaway.
- The Apple-Knockers and the Coke (1948)
- The Art of Burlesque (1950) as Betty
- A Virgin in Hollywood (1953) (uncredited)
- Baghdad After Midnight (1954) (credited as Arlene Hunter)
- Casanova's Big Night (1954) (uncredited) as Girl in window
- Son of Sinbad (1955) (as Arlene Hunter) as Tartar Girl
- Outer Space Jitters (1957) (uncredited) as Sunev Girl
- Revolt in the Big House (1958) as Girl
- The Angry Red Planet (1960) as Joan
- Sex Kittens Go to College (1960) as Nurse
- The Ruined Bruin (1961)
- Madison Avenue (1962) (uncredited) as Miss Horn
- White Lightnin' Road (1965) as Ruby
- Don't Worry, We'll Think of a Title (1966) as Girl Student
- Big Daddy (1969)
- Perry Mason - "The Case of the Fraudulent Photo" (1959) as Receptionist
- Tales of Wells Fargo - "The Jackass" (1959) as Saloon Girl
- Johnny Staccato - "Swinging Long Hair" (1960) as Photographer
- The Jim Backus Show - "Floundered in Florida" (1961) (credited as Arlene Hunter) as Angela
- My Three Sons - "Robbie and the Chorus Girl" (1965) as Beauty