Arkansas Highway 463
Highway 463 (AR 463, Ark. 463 and Hwy. 463) is a north–south state highway in northeast Arkansas. The route of 20.59 miles (33.14 km) runs from Highway 14 very near I-555/US 63 at Payneway north to I-555/US 63/US 63B in Jonesboro. The route is a redesignation of former U.S. Route 63, which has since been rerouted onto Interstate 555.
|Maintained by ArDOT|
|Length||20.59 mi (33.14 km)|
|South end||AR 14, Payneway|
| I-555 / US 63|
I-555 / US 63, Bay
|North end||I-555 / US 63 / US 63B, Jonesboro|
The route begins at a T intersection with Highway 14 at the unincorporated community of Payneway 0.4 miles (0.64 km) west of I-555/US 63. Highway 463 runs along a range line north to intersect Highway 214 before crossing the freeway and entering Trumann. Highway 463 intersects Highway 69S before passing the Maxie Theatre on the National Register of Historic Places. Further north, AR 463 has junctions with AR 198, AR 69, and AR 214 before exiting Trumann and entering Craighead County.
|Poinsett||Payneway||0.00||0.00||AR 14||southern terminus|
|||3.90||6.28||AR 214 west|
|Trumann||7.74||12.46||AR 69S east (Ozark Avenue)|
|9.15||14.73||AR 198 west (Main Street)|
|9.76||15.71||AR 69 (Speedway Street)|
|10.60||17.06||AR 214 (Industrial Park Access Road)|
|Craighead||Bay||14.76||23.75||AR 158 east (Lunsford Avenue)||Southern end of AR 158 overlap|
|15.93||25.64||I-555 / US 63|
|16.01||25.77||AR 158 west (Lawson Road)||Northern end of AR 158 overlap|
|Jonesboro||20.53||33.04||I-555 / US 63 (Joe N Martin Expy) / US 63B (Nettleton Avenue)||northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Although Arkansas highways normally terminate when intersected by a route of greater importance, Highway 463's history as a former alignment of US 63 is reflected when intersecting state highways of a lesser number. Although routes of a lower number and the same class usually take priority at a concurrency, AR 463 still has preference to state routes but not US routes along its path.
- Planning and Research Division (2010). "Arkansas Road Log Database". Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Archived from the original (Database) on 23 June 2011. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- General Highway Map (PDF) (Map) (Craighead County ed.). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- General Highway Map (Map) (1929 Craighead County ed.). Arkansas State Highway Department. Retrieved July 18, 2011.[dead link]
- General Highway Map (PDF) (Map) (Poinsett County ed.). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- Route and Section Map (PDF) (Map) (Craighead County ed.). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
Media related to Arkansas Highway 463 at Wikimedia Commons