Arethousa (Greek: Αρέθουσα) is a village and a community and a municipal unit of the Volvi municipality. Before the 2011 local government reform it was part of the municipal unit of Arethousa was an independent municipality. The 2011 census recorded 748 inhabitants in the village, 869 in the community and 2,987 inhabitants in the municipal unit. The community of Arethousa covers an area of 57.021 km2 while the respective municipal unit 214.929 km2.
|Administrative region||Central Macedonia|
|• Municipal unit||214.929 km2 (82.985 sq mi)|
|Elevation||374 m (1,227 ft)|
|• Municipal unit||2,987|
|• Municipal unit density||14/km2 (36/sq mi)|
|• Population||869 (2011)|
|• Area (km2)||57.021|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Vehicle registration||NAx-xxxx to NXx-xxxx|
The community of Arethousa consists of two separate settlements:
- Arethousa (population 748)
- Lefkouda (population 121)
The aforementioned population figures are as of 2011.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.