Anusha Rizvi (born 13 March 1978) is an Indian film director and Screenwriter. Her directorial debut is Peepli Live. The movie won the Best First Film award at the Durban film festival and the Gollapudi Srinivas Award.
|Born||13 March 1978|
|Occupation||Film director & Screenwriter|
Anusha Rizvi was a journalist after venturing into film direction. She graduated in history from St. Stephen's College, University of Delhi. She approached Aamir Khan to make the film who finally made the film. "Peepli Live" is former journalist Anusha Rizvi's debut film as director. It was selected as the Indian nomination in the Best Foreign Film category, but it didn't make the final shortlist.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Peepli Live - Director and writer
- "Peepli Live becomes best first film at Durban fest". Indian Express. 3 August 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "Peepli Live is best first film at Durban film fest". NDTV. 11 August 2010. Archived from the original on 15 September 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "Bharat vs India: B-town taps rural-urban divide". The Times Of India. 3 August 2010.
- "When Aamir almost turned down Peepli Live - Rediff.com Movies". Movies.rediff.com. 3 August 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2013.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Continue to Oscar Race". oscars.org. Retrieved 19 January 2011.