Anton Datsko (Ukrainian: Антон Дацко; b. 24 May 1983) is a Ukrainian wheelchair fencer who won gold medal at IWAS Wheelchair Fencing Grand Prix in Eger, Hungary, won gold medal at the Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016 and won a silver medal at the Paralympic Games in London in 2012.
|Born||May 24, 1983|
|Personal coach||Svitlana Kolesnykova|
Anton Datsko was born on 24 May 1983 in Busk, Lviv Oblast, Ukraine. An accident happened to him at age of 16, when he, a senior school pupil, fell off a walnut tree. After high school Anton studied to be a tailor and at first worked at a garment factory. While doing a regular rehab in Lviv, he was advised to go in for sport, and took up fencing by advice of his first couch. He is since training in 'Invasport' program in Lviv.
Anton has been in wheelchair fencing since 2003 and has been a part of the national team since 2005. He competes in category "B" for men's sabre and foil.
In 2015 he was European Champion in both the category B foil and sabre events.
In 2017 Anton Datsko won 'bronze' at Wheelchair Fencing Stadskanaal World Cup and 'gold' at Wheelchair Fencing Pisa World Cup. On the 2017 Wheelchair Fencing World Championships held in Rome Anton Datsko took 'silver' (foil), and 'bronze' (saber team).
- Lubchak, Vadym (2016-09-22). "The gold I so much suffered for". day.kyiv.ua. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Lviv Welcomes Home its Paralympic Athletes". Lviv Today. October 2012. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Will Anton Datsko's dominance continue?". IPC. April 7, 2013. Archived from the original on July 16, 2013. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Ukraine's Datsko seeks return to No. 1". www.paralympic.org. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Ukraine's wheelchair fencers dominate on day one". www.paralympic.org. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Well organized World Cup Wheelchair Fencing Stadskanaal ends with thrilling final | World Cup Wheelchair Fencing Stadskanaal". wheelchairfencing.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "IWAS Wheelchair Fencing Pisa World Cup 2017". bdfa.org.uk. Archived from the original on 2018-01-31. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- "Ukrainian wheelchair fencers win 8 medals in Rome". Ukraine good news (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Finał DATSKO Anton vs VALET Maxime on YouTube
- National Sports Committee for the Disabled of Ukraine
- Sharwood, Anthony (2016-09-17). "Paralympic Proof That Ukraine Is The Kindest Country In The World". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Vladimir Zaitsev (2016-09-13), Olimpic 2016 Gold medal for Ukrainian fencer Anton Datsko, retrieved 2018-01-31