Antoine Revoy is a French author and illustrator. He is the creator of the horror story graphic novels ANIMUS (originally titled The Playground) and Ghost Notes, published by First Second Books. Revoy is married to illustrator Kelly Murphy.
Revoy was born in Paris, France and raised in Tokyo, Japan, following which his family moved to Mexico City, Mexico. As a sixteen-year-old, he was contacted by Japanese manga publisher Weekly Morning to create comics but opted to attend college instead. He graduated from the Rhode Island School of Design with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film/Animation/Video in 1999.
Revoy began his career as a designer in Dublin, Ireland and Paris, France. Following a move to the United States, he started working as an illustrator, creating artwork for the horror story chapter book Haunted Houses written by Robert D. San Souci. Revoy has created editorial illustrations for The New York Times and Der Spiegel, winning awards from the Society of Illustrators, American Illustration, PRINT Magazine, Spectrum and gold medals from the Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles and Graphis. He teaches at his alma mater, the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), where he has been distinguished as a RISD Illustration ICON, and is a Master of Fine Arts thesis advisor at the School of Visual Arts in New York.
- Comics & Cola: Antoine Revoy discusses horror; announces new graphic novel 'The Playground'
- Publishers Weekly Rights Report: Week of August 5, 2019
- Publishers Weekly Rights Report: Week of November 17, 2014
- Kelly Murphy bio on SCBWI's 2014 Writers & Illustrators Working Conference Faculty page
- Paste Magazine Exclusive: First Second Announces Ominous Japanese Ghost Story, The Playground
- KidLitCon2019 Panel: The Frightful Fantastic in Middle Grade
- "Heading to the Playground with Antoine Revoy". Kirkus Reviews. 2018-07-19. Retrieved 2018-11-05.
- John Maeda Blog Post—Our RISD
- Seven Questions Over Breakfast with Antoine Revoy
- Kirkus Review: Haunted Houses
- MacMillan Authors Page: Antoine Revoy
- Office Hours: Antoine Revoy on The Perfect Line[permanent dead link]
- Antoine Revoy's Poster Chosen by American Illustration
- PRINT 2012 Hand Drawn Illustration Competition Winners
- Spectrum 22 Winners
- Illustration West 50 Gold Award
- Graphis Competitions Logo Design 8
- RISD Illustration faculty
- Montserrat Faculty: RISD ICONS
- RISD ICONS: A Legacy of Illustration from Rhode Island School of Design
- School of Visual Arts: MFA Visual Narrative Mentors