Antigone of Macedon
She was born to Cassander by unnamed mother. Antigone was the niece of the Regent Antipater. Her father and paternal uncle were the sons of Iolaus and through her father Antigone was a distant collateral relative to the Argead dynasty.
Antigone was originally from either Paliura or Eordaea. Little is known of her life. Antigone married a Macedonian nobleman of obscure origin called Magas who was from Eordaea. Antigone and Magas lived in Eordaea and had a daughter called Berenice I of Egypt.
- Ptolemaic Genealogy: Berenice I, Footnote 3
- Berenice I article at Livius.org
- Ptolemaic Dynasty - Affiliated Lines: The Antipatrids
- Ptolemaic Genealogy: Berenice I, Footnote 2
- Heckel, Who’s who in the age of Alexander the Great: prosopography of Alexander’s empire, p. 71