Anthony Gaitor (born October 9, 1988) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at Florida International.
|Born:||October 9, 1988|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||182 lb (83 kg)|
|High school:||Miami Northwestern|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 222|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
A native of Miami, Gaitor attended Miami Northwestern High School, where he was part of an immensely talented squad that also included future NFL players Lavonte David, Marcus Forston, Jacory Harris, Tommy Streeter, Sean Spence, and Brandon Washington. Regarded as only a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, Gaitor was not listed among the top cornerbacks of his class.
Gaitor attended Florida International University from 2007 to 2010. In his career, he accumulated 197 total tackles, including 19 for loss, four sacks, 11 interceptions (three which he returned for touchdowns), and 35 passes defended.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
Gaitor was selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the seventh round, 222nd overall, of the 2011 NFL Draft. On August 26, 2013, he was placed on injured-reserve, thus ending his 2013 season.
Gaitor signed with the Miami Dolphins on May 28, 2014.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
Gaitor signed with the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League (CFL) on February 25, 2016 and was released by the team on June 3, 2016. He was recalled July 24, 2016. Gaiter played in 11 games for the Lions in 2016, contributing 35 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, and 1 defensive touchdown. He was released by the Lions on January 9, 2017 allowing him to pursue an NFL contract.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
- College Stats – Sports Reference
- "2011 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- "Bucs select FIU CB Anthony Gaitor in the seventh round, 222nd overall". Archived from the original on 2012-04-12. Retrieved 2013-01-29.
- FIU’s Anthony Gaitor drafted by Tampa Bay
- "Gaitor, Smith Placed on Injured Reserve; Season's Over". Archived from the original on 2014-04-13. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-08-06. Retrieved 2014-07-28.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Bucs Begin Final Cuts
- Allen, Scott. "CB Anthony Gaitor Added to Arizona Cardinals Practice Squad". raisingzona.com. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "BC LIONS TRANSACTIONS". bclions.com. Archived from the original on June 17, 2016. Retrieved June 16, 2016.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Lions grant free agent status to Gaitor, Bazzie – Article – TSN". TSN. 2017-01-09. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Katzenstein, Josh (January 6, 2017). "Saints sign CB Anthony Gaitor, third CFL player to join this week". NOLA.com.
- "Saints Announce Roster Moves After Rookie Minicamp". NewOrleansSaints.com. May 15, 2017. Archived from the original on May 17, 2017. Retrieved May 16, 2017.