Antelope Valley High School
Antelope Valley High School is located in Lancaster, California, and is part of the Antelope Valley Union High School District, in northernmost Los Angeles County, California. It was founded in 1912, and had its first graduating class in 1912. It is located near the western edge of the Mojave Desert. At the time of its founding, classes were held at the Women's Independence Hall on Cedar Ave. and Lancaster Blvd. (then called West Tenth Street) until a permanent building could be built. In July 1914, construction began on a concrete building, Central Hall, and was completed in mid-1915. However, a strike over unpaid wages prevented students from entering the new building at the beginning of the 1915 school year. It was settled, and students began their classes in the new building in October 1915. The school was a residential boarding school serving students from farms and ranches from north Los Angeles and south Kern counties. At present, the school primarily serves the population of Lancaster, California.
|Antelope Valley High School|
44900 Division Street
|School district||Antelope Valley Union High School District|
|NCES District ID||0602820|
|CEEB code||051355 |
|NCES School ID||060282000203|
|Principal||Jodie Radford |
|Number of students||1,873 (2016-17) |
|Color(s)||Black and Red|
|Website||Antelope Valley High School website|
- Kevin Appier, former MLB pitcher
- Priscilla Barnes, actress of Three's Company
- Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet), singer, songwriter, musician, painter
- Lon Boyett, former NFL player
- Steve Chilcott, number one pick in the 1966 Major League Baseball draft
- Sean Douglass, former MLB pitcher
- Judy Garland, actress
- Mike Gaechter, former Dallas Cowboys defensive back.
- Bruce Hill, former Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver
- Al Krueger, former NFL player
- Terence McKenna, a writer, philosopher, and ethnobotanist.
- Dwayne Murphy, former MLB centerfielder
- James Richards, former Canadian Football League offensive guard
- Jim Slaton, former Milwaukee Brewers pitcher, current bullpen coach, Seattle Mariners.
- Vern Valdez, former NFL player
- Marcy Walker, soap opera actress
- Frank Zappa, musician, composer, activist and filmmaker
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Antelope Valley Union High School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "LIST OF HIGH SCHOOLS". secure.californiacolleges.edu. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Search for Public Schools - Antelope Valley High School (060282000203)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Administration". Antelope Valley High School. Archived from the original on 8 February 2013. Retrieved 3 February 2013.
- "Antelope Valley High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 26, 2019.
- Antelope Valley High School, Lancaster, CA at NNDB
- Kevin Appier at the Baseball Cube Archived June 15, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- "Three's Company Cast Biographies". Archived from the original on 2006-11-21. Retrieved 2006-10-08.
- Sean Douglass at the Baseball Cube Archived March 10, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Dwayne Murphy at the Baseball Cube Archived June 29, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- Jim Slaton, Antelope Valley High School Archived 2010-03-01 at the Wayback Machine, AVSports.com Hall of Fame. Accessed August 28, 2007.