Bronx, New York, US
|Occupation||Actor, humorist, writer, storyteller|
|Years active||1974 – Present|
Korzen is particularly well known from the television show Seinfeld, appearing in the recurring role of Doris Klompus, an obnoxious neighbor living in Jerry's parents' Florida condo complex. She was also seen on the show's season 4 episode, "The Airport", as an annoying airline passenger bothering Elaine Benes in economy class.
Korzen began her career as an actress-writer in New York Off-Broadway theater. She has appeared in numerous television shows including Seinfeld, Whitney, and The Exes as well as in the motion pictures Tootsie, Stardust Memories, and Nobody's Perfect, which she co-wrote. She has also appeared in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Neil Simon's The Prisoner of Second Avenue, and In Embryo, directed by Danish Actor Ulrich Thomsen.
Korzen has written, composed, and performed two solo shows. "Yenta Unplugged" celebrates Jewish women through comedy and music. The second show, "The Yenta Cometh" is about the price one pays for speaking out.
She is also a speaker on the lecture circuit with the interactive talks, "The Good Yenta: A Humorous Celebration of Jewish Women” and "Show and Tell with the Bargain Junkie". She also performs an evening of humorous stories called "Tales from the Mouth: Mishaps, Fiascoes, and other Triumphs".
Korzen's commentaries have been heard on NPR's Morning Edition, and her essays have been printed in publications such as the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, and the Jewish Journal of Los Angeles. Her spoken-word performances have appeared on showcases such as Comedy Central's "Sit 'n Spin", "Tasty Words", "Sparks" and The Moth.
- "Annie Korzen". The Internet Movie Database. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- "The Yenta is Coming! The Yenta is Coming!". San Diego Jewish Journal. May 2, 2006. Archived from the original on June 9, 2009. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- "The Harry Walker Agency". Archived from the original on August 10, 2009. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- "AIE Speakers Bureau". Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- Korzen, Annie (August 18, 2005). "Death by Oprah". The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- "Search NPR: Annie Korzen". National Public Radio. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- Korzen, Annie (May 4, 2007). "The (Vintage) Shirt Off Her Back". The New York Times. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- Korzen, Annie (December 10, 2007). "What's so wonderful about it?". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- Korzen, Annie (December 12, 2007). "Maybe it wasn't such a wonderful life". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- "Author Page – Annie Korzen". The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- "Bargain Junkie: Living the Good Life on the Cheap". Barnes & Noble. Barnes & Noble, Inc. Retrieved August 28, 2009.
- Google Books – Bargain Junkie: Living the Good Life on the Cheap. Google Books. Google Inc. Retrieved August 28, 2009.