Anna Sentina (born September 16, 1994) is an American musician, multi-instrumentalist, best known for her work as a session bass guitarist, live performer and YouTube celebrity. She has performed around the U.S. at venues such as the world-famous Whisky a Go Go, the Viper Room, the Mint, SOMA San Diego, the Hard Rock Cafe[which?] and the House of Blues.[which?] In 2012, Sentina started a YouTube music channel that by October 2015 had over 21 million views and by July 2021 had over 55 million views.
|Birth name||Anna Sentina|
|Born||September 16, 1994|
|Origin||San Diego, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Rock, heavy metal, hard rock, funk|
|Instruments||Guitar, bass, piano|
|Associated acts||Kevin Martin, Casey Cooper|
Anna Sentina is from San Diego, California and is of Italian, Spanish, and Venezuelan descent. She began her study of music at the age of 8, when she was classically trained in piano. At the age of 12, she started studying the guitar at School of Rock in Vista, California, and at 15 took up the bass.
At 14, Sentina went on her first United States tour with the School of Rock All-Stars, where students from each School of Rock in the United States are hand chosen to form a band and tour. She was chosen to tour with the All-Stars again at 15.
In 2009, Sentina performed at the 40th Anniversary of Woodstock reunion in San Diego, California where she performed several songs played at 1969 Woodstock, as well as a solo performance of Jimi Hendrix's "Star-Spangled Banner".
In 2011, Sentina joined the Summer Shot program at Musicians Institute in Los Angeles, California, where she further studied bass and live performance. She also landed a role in the live musical Fame as "Lambchops."
In 2012, Sentina started her YouTube channel, posting several cover videos on guitar, bass, and piano of popular metal and rock songs and becoming a YouTube Partner at the age of 19 in 2014.
Also in 2014, Sentina formally enrolled in the Musicians Institute and joined the bass program. She began work as a demo musician, creating several demonstration videos of amps, pedals, and instruments and performing live at NAMM and Bass Player magazine's event Bass Player Live for her various endorsers. The videos have been featured on sites and magazines like Guitar World and Bass Musician world Sentina is one of Roland's featured guitar artists, alongside other musicians such as Marty Friedman (ex-Megadeth) and Gus G (Ozzy Osbourne).
In February 2015, Sentina was a part of Converse's Rubber Tracks Sample Library, recording several hours' worth of loops available for free use by musicians globally. Later on in 2015, Esquire magazine named Sentina "A Badass Musician We Love on Instagram."
- Kiesel Icon IC5
- Kiesel Vanquish V49K
- Kiesel Vanquish V59K
- Kiesel Xccelerator X44
- Kiesel Vader Headless Bass
- Kiesel CT624 Carved Top
- Roland FA-08 Workstation
- Roland KR-3 Piano
- BOSS RC-3 Loop Station
- BOSS ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
- BOSS BB-1X Bass Overdrive
- BOSS GEB-7 Bass Equalizer
- BOSS SYB-5 Bass Synthesizer
- BOSS OC-3 Super Octave
- BOSS LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer
- BOSS CEB-3 Bass Chorus
- "Anna Sentina Is a Badass Musician We Love on Instagram". esquire.com. July 19, 2015.
- "CARLSBAD: Rockin' out". sandiegouniontribune.com. July 29, 2010.
- "Anna Sentina Demos Roland CUBE-10GX Guitar Amp". guitarworld.com. December 5, 2014.
- "Anna Sentina Plays "Linus and Lucy" on Carvin X44 Xccelerator Bass". guitarworld.com. October 28, 2014.
- "Converse Sample Library – Anna Sentina". conversesamplelibrary.com.
- "Anna Sentina Talks Gear, NAMM and Being a Role Model". guitargirlmag.com. May 26, 2015.
- "An Interview with Bassist Anna Sentina". bassmusicianmagazine.com. August 18, 2015.