Dame Ann Bowtell
Ann Elizabeth Kewell
25 April 1938
|Alma mater||Girton College, Cambridge|
|Occupation||First Civil Service Commissioner|
Early life and educationEdit
Bowtell was born in 1938 to John Albert Kewell and Olive Rose Sims.
In 1961, she married Michael John Bowtell. They have two sons and two daughters.
- "Birthdays today". The Telegraph. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
Dame Ann Bowtell, former senior civil servant, 74
- Home news (12 February 1993). "Woman takes top job - Anne Elizabeth Bowtell". The Times. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- Kevin, Bown (16 March 1995). "Cellnet chairman to monitor Whitehall". Financial Times. Archived from the original on 30 March 2014. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003). Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knighthood (107 ed.). Burke's Peerage & Gentry. p. 461. ISBN 0-9711966-2-1.
- "Educating Eve: Five Generations of Cambridge Women - Dame Ann Bowtell DCB". University of Cambridge. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- Honorary Fellows of Girton College
Sir Michael Partridge
| Permanent Secretary of the
Department of Social Security
John Holroyd (civil servant)
| First Civil Service Commissioner
Sir Michael Bett
|This article about a person involved in governance in the United Kingdom or its predecessor states is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|