Andro Krstulović Opara
Andro Krstulović Opara
|72nd Mayor of Split|
|Assumed office |
14 June 2017
|Preceded by||Ivo Baldasar|
|Born||22 May 1967|
Split, SFR Yugoslavia
|Political party||Croatian Democratic Union|
|Spouse(s)||Daniela Marasović (m. 1987)|
|Alma mater||University of Zagreb|
Diplomatic Academy of Vienna
Early life and educationEdit
Andro Krstulović Opara was born on 22 May 1967 in Split where he finished elementary and high school, after which he enrolled at the Zagreb Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences from which he graduated in art history and archaeology. In 1993, he graduated from the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna and in 1995 from the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs. Krstulović Opara is currently enrolled in the doctoral program "Building heritage" at the Zagreb Faculty of Architecture.
Krstulović Opara was elected to the Croatian Parliament at the 1990 first multi-party parliamentary election as one of the three representatives of students at the Council of Associated Labor (one of Parliaments' three houses that doesn't exist anymore), but in reality he represented Youth of the Croatian Democratic Union. In 1992, he was named Head of Cabinet of the Minister of Science and Education, and in 1993 senior adviser to the Deputy Foreign Minister. Between 1995 and 2000, Krstulović Opara served as consul adviser at the Croatian Consulate General in Milan. In 2002, he became a senior diplomat - adviser for the Croatian relations with Italy and the Holy See at the Croatian Foreign Ministry. Between 2002 and 2008, he served as a senior adviser - conservatory of cultural property at the Split Conservation Department of the Ministry of Culture. In 2008, Krstulović Opara become a senior curator and director of the Museums of Ivan Meštrović in Split. and in 2015 adviser for social activities to the President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović. He was reelected to the Croatian Parliament at the 2016 parliamentary election. At the 2017 local elections, he was elected Mayor of Split.
Andro Krstulović Opara is married to Daniela Marasović Krstulović with whom he has three children (2 daughters and 1 son). His wife specialized internal medicine and subspecialized rheumatology and clinical immunology. She works at Split Clinical Hospital Center and as an assistant professor at the Medical School of the University of Split. Krstulović Opara speaks Croatian, English and Italian fluently. He is a member of the Croatian Archaeological Society, Matica hrvatska, Split Literary Circle, HVK Gusar Split and Rotary club Split.
On 23 January 2018, it was reported that Krstulović Opara suffered from malignant cancer of skin and mucous which spread to the brain. He is undergoing a treatment.
- "Krstulović Opara preuzeo gradonačelničku funkciju: "Keruma nemam što moliti, nadam se da su 34 vijećnika svjesna odgovornosti" / Novi list". Novilist.hr. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- D.I. (2017-04-17). "ANDRO KRSTULOVIĆ OPARA - biografija, Split: kandidat za gradonačelnika" (in Croatian). Dnevnik.hr. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Andro Krstulović Opara". Vjerodostojno.com. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Hrvatski sabor - Andro Krstulović Opara". Sabor.hr. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Izvukli smo šest stvari o Andri Krstuloviću Opari, čovjeku od kojeg HDZ želi napraviti novu zvijezdu –". Telegram.hr. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Fatalna Fani ili dr. Daniela: Koja će biti prva dama Splita". Express.hr. 2017-06-01. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
| Mayor of Split
14 June 2017 – present