Andrew Seliskar (born September 26, 1996) is an American competitive swimmer. He won the gold medal in the 200 meter butterfly at the 2013 FINA World Junior Swimming Championships in Dubai, breaking the Championships record.
|National team||United States|
|Born||September 26, 1996|
Charlotte, North Carolina, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg)|
|Strokes||Breaststroke, butterfly, individual medley|
|College team||California Golden Bears|
In December 2013, he won the gold medal in the 400 yard individual medley at the senior 2013 Winter National Championships. He also won silver medals in the 200 meter individual medley and the 200 meter butterfly.
Seliskar broke the junior world record in the 200 meter butterfly (long course) at the 2014 junior Pan Pacific Championships. He won three individual gold medals at that meet, in the 200 meter butterfly, 200 meter individual medley, and the 400 meter individual medley, as well as a silver medal in the 100 meter butterfly.
Seliskar currently swims in college for the California Golden Bears at the University of California, Berkeley. Previously he attended Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Virginia and swam for Nation’s Capital Swim Club. In 2015 he was named male High School Swimmer of the Year.
- "National Junior Team Bios: Andrew Seliskar". USA Swimming. Archived from the original on September 7, 2015. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- "Andrew Seliskar Player Profile". California Golden Bears. Archived from the original on January 19, 2016. Retrieved October 13, 2015.
- "No. 2 Ranked Andrew Seliskar Picks California (Photo Gallery)". Swimming World Magazine. October 12, 2014. Archived from the original on November 12, 2018. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "Andrew Seliskar sets championship record in 200 fly at junior worlds". Reach for the Wall -- The Washington Post. August 31, 2013. Archived from the original on March 21, 2015. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- "2015 World University Games: Andrew Seliskar fades late but U.S continues gold rush". Reach for the Wall -- The Washington Post. July 7, 2015. Archived from the original on August 17, 2015. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Jefferson swimmer Andrew Seliskar tries to do it all". The Washington Post. February 19, 2014. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved October 13, 2015.
- "Andrew Seliskar and Katie Ledecky Crowned High School Swimmers of the Year on August Cover of Swimming World". Swimming World Magazine. August 1, 2015. Archived from the original on September 8, 2017. Retrieved October 13, 2015.
|This biographical article related to a United States swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|