|Comune di Andezeno|
|Metropolitan city||Turin (TO)|
|• Mayor||Franco Gai|
|• Total||7.49 km2 (2.89 sq mi)|
|Elevation||306 m (1,004 ft)|
|• Density||270/km2 (690/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Saint George|
Italian: San Giorgio
|Saint day||April 23 (Saint George's Day)|
According to Italian philologist and linguist Dante Olivieri, the name Andezeno originates from the Gallo-Latin word Andicus, which is said to be derived from the names of two villages, Andico and Andicello.
Andezeno was predominantly an agricultural community until the 1960s when the area surrounding the city of Turin underwent major industrialisation. Today, it mostly home to small businesses and enterprises.
- Piero Gobetti (1901–1926), intellectual and journalist – parents were from Andezeno and he lived there at his family home are various times of his life
- Claudio Marchisio (b. 1986), footballer for Juventus and the Italian national team – born in the city of Turin and raised in Andezeno, where his parents still live.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
|This article on a location in the Province of Turin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|