This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Amsterdam University Press (AUP) is a university press that was founded in 1992 by the University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. It is based on the Anglo-Saxon university press model and operates on a not-for-profit basis. AUP publishes scholarly and trade titles in both Dutch and English, predominantly in the humanities and social sciences and has a publishing list of over 1400 titles. It also publishes multiple scholarly journals according to the open access publishing model. From 2000 until 2013, the AUP published the journal Academische Boekengids (Academic Book Guide) with book reviews written by editors from multiple Dutch universities.
|Founder||University of Amsterdam|
|Headquarters location||Nieuwe Prinsengracht 89, Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Distribution||Centraal Boekhuis (Netherlands and Belgium)|
Baker & Taylor Publisher Services (North America)
Ingram Publisher Services (rest of world)
|Key people||Jan-Peter Wissink (CEO)|
AUP makes use of the peer reviewing system: submissions are assessed by an editorial board of expert scholars from Dutch and Flemish universities. AUP explicitly supports open access, and combines in its publishing policy the use of repositories and print-on-demand provisions with traditional printing. AUP is one of thirteen publishers to participate in the Knowledge Unlatched pilot, a global library consortium approach to funding open access books.
Areas of publishing edit
AUP's stocklist currently comprises different academic disciplines, including language and literature, archaeology, management studies, cultural studies, film and media, art and art history, music and theatre studies, as well as social sciences, ranging from migration and integration to Asian studies. In addition, AUP is active in educational publishing for high school and higher education, as well as popular science.
Various imprints are linked to AUP. Vossiuspers UvA publishes the works of the University of Amsterdam’s scholars and all inaugural lectures of UvA professors. In 2004, under the name Pallas Publications, AUP began a new service allowing authors, institutions, and organizations to have their academic publications produced, distributed, and promoted.
- Contact, Amsterdam University Press. Retrieved on 21 June 2016.
- "Sales & Distribution | Amsterdam University Press". Retrieved 2021-03-02.
- (in Dutch) "Jan-Peter Wissink nieuwe directeur Amsterdam University Press", Het Parool, 2012. Retrieved on 25 July 2014.
- "Overview of AUP with available links". Amsterdam University Press. Archived from the original (Online web page) on 2012-01-27. Retrieved 2011-06-23.
- AUP Journals Archived May 16, 2014, at the Wayback Machine, Amsterdam University Press. Retrieved on 24 July 2014.
- (in Dutch) Over ABG Archived 2014-07-30 at the Wayback Machine, Academische Boekengids. Retrieved on 24 July 2014.
- "Good for publishers". knowledgeunlatched.org.